Putting aside the history behind Thanksgiving, this holiday gives us a chance to take time off work and be around our families. As well as to reflect upon all the things we’re thankful for. As we get older, we see a lot less of our extended families I have found. And though I still feel close with my relatives, times have changed and we rarely see each other anymore. Except for on Thanksgiving where we all meet to share the day together. It’s my absolute favorite because I get to see everyone including those that I haven’t seen in a long time. Today, I’m spending the season at my godmother’s house, which is my mom’s sister. It’s strange as we’ll only be seeing one side of my mom’s family, her brother being the other. But I at least get to see some of my cousins and watch some football before eating our turkey dinner. How do you guys like to spend Thanksgiving if you celebrate the season?
In the spirit of the holiday, here is everything that I am thankful for:
- My friends and family who have supported me through the roller coaster of life.
- My amazing job where I get to do something I love and learn something new every day while facing new problems to solve.
- My dog who makes the best cuddle buddy when I need one, and forces me to be active instead of being a lazy bum on the computer all day.
- My church for renewing my faith and find a new passion in serving/giving back.
- My subscribers! Though it may feel like a one-sided conversation, I love spilling my heart out to you guys through blog posts and on my YouTube Channel.
I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, or day if you don’t celebrate.
– Mae Polzine