I am off for my week long vacation in Door County. We’re going to be staying in Sturgeon Bay, WI at a cabin on Lake Michigan. It’s approximately a six hour road trip from my city to that city. But I am not alone on this adventure, my mom and sister are coming along for all the fun.
I haven’t had a real vacation in years, so this is long time coming. Some of the things I’m looking forward to are:
- Art in the park. Where you get to create as much art as you want and anything you want.
- Motorized scooter ride around Annie’s island in Lake Michigan which is six miles off the tip of the peninsula for Door County.
- Music concerts at night in the park. No idea who is performing though.
- Laying on the beach soaking up the sun. And probably going to get insanely burnt.
- Bonfires outside our cabin.
I’m sure we’re doing other things as well but those are the key things I’m looking forward to. Have any of you ever been there? If so, what do you suggest I try to do or go while I’m there for the next week?
– Mae Polzine