I have been wanting a new fragrance for a while that is sweet, but couldn’t for the life of me find anything I honestly want to use all of the time. I love the CLEAN fragrances but they don’t have a sweet note to them. More of a fresh note which is nice but not my all time favorite. Then I was scrolling through Ulta’s website and came across Ariana Grande’s fragrance which each one of them were described as being sweet scented. So I wanted to check it out but almost no cruelty free bloggers have mentioned or talked about it. And every other blogger that reviews it, doesn’t mention if it’s cruelty free or not. ‘Cause as I’ve found in the beauty community, unless you are cruelty free you don’t mention that sort of thing when reviewing a product. So I did some digging. And yes I bought it so spoilers, from my research I have been able to find it is cruelty free. The review of the fragrance will come after the research.
Cruelty Free Research/Stance
So I judge all brands from makeup to skincare to hair care to fragrance the same. They all need to meet the following criteria in order for me to purchase from that brand. And yes, sometimes I fail or find false information that lead me to wrong decisions. Which is why I’m trying to do my own research from now on so this doesn’t happen. As I’m found sometimes the cruelty free bloggers I look up to aren’t always accurate or have differing opinions over the responses they get. My criteria are the following:
- Don’t test finished products or ingredients on animals.
- Don’t have suppliers who test on animals.
- Don’t allow any third parties to test on animals on their behalf.
- Don’t sell cosmetics in physical store in mainland China.
- Don’t test on animals where required by law.
If you look up Ariana Grande’s fragrance you’ll get a bunch of resalers and one official website where you cannot directly purchase the product from. There is also no contact, about, or customer support on this website. So that’s a dead end other than it mentions Luxe Brands. Which is a manufacturer I have not heard of previously but I could also not find a single website or other blogger who’s deal with them. I did reach out to that company and received this email as a response which is word for word what several other bloggers received.
I also launched every resaler website that carries her fragrances in China and none of them list the fragrances or don’t ship there in general. According to Ariana Grande’s website for the fragrance the only countries they ship to are the following: United States, United Kingdom, Germany, and Canada. So not sold in China, perfect.
So filling out the matrix of the critiera:
- Finished products tested on animals: No
- Ingredients tested on animals: No
- Third party animal testing: No
- Tested on animals where required by law: No
- Sold in mainland China: No
- Certifications: None
- Parent company: Luxe Brands
- Parent company status: Unclear, unable to find stance on animal testing
And it looks like Ariana Grande fragrances are cruelty free. I have added this to the cruelty free guides.
Review of Ari, Moonlight, and Sweet Like Candy
Ok so now that we’ve gotten that out of the way let’s get into the actual review of the products as I got all three fragrances in rollerball style once my research was complete. Each rollerball costs $20 and contains 0.25 oz of product. And let’s just say all of these tickle my fancy as they are all sweet in their own way with vanilla (my favorite scent) somewhere within the notes. As I suck at describing fragrances, here are what the notes are supposed to be for each perfume.
Ari Fragrance Notes:
- Top: crispy pear, pink grapefruit, juicy raspberry
- Heart: soft muguet, rose buds, vanilla orchid
- Base: marshmallow, creamy musk, blonde woods
Moonlight Fragrance Notes:
- Top – Rich black currant, juicy plum
- Heart – Fluffy marshmallow and fresh peony
- Drydown – Creamy sandalwood, black amber and sensual vanilla
Sweet Like Candy Fragrance Notes:
- Top: sparkling blackberry, Italian bergamot, pear
- Heart: Jasmine sambac, frangipani, dewy honeysuckle
- Base: Crème de cassis, marshmallow, cashmere woods, sexy vanilla
Sweet Like Candy Moonlight Ari
I seriously love these fragrances and have been wearing them almost every day since I’ve received them. And I can finally get rid of a perfume I’ve had for years upon years that’s not cruelty free, because I didn’t have a replacement for it. And I think I’ve finally found a replacement for it. Which makes me over the moon excited. Have you tried these fragrances, what do you think of this?
Shop the Post