2018 finally seems like the year of inclusive ranges and demanding more of beauty ranges. Which is 100% something I can get behind. But there are still some brands that haven’t jumped on the bandwagon, they still are in their old ways and pretending they didn’t mean that. So I wanted to focus today on cruelty free brands that have inclusive foundation ranges from the fairest of skin tones to the darkest of skin tones.
Before we get into the foundations, I just have to say I think the next step to deal with in the beauty industry is to stop calling foundations for lighter skin tones ivory or alabaster while darker shades have names like wood or nuts. And instead go with numbers for something else, it just sounds less offensive. Also names of different brands like ivory in my case, is a different ivory in each of the brands. I might do a post on that in the future comparing different foundations that all share the same name.
But anyways, let’s go over the inclusive foundation ranges…
- Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Foundation: Since the release of this brand, every foundation range seems to get compared to this one. And I have to say they did it right. They didn’t start out of the gate with ten shades, no they went with forty with a variety of undertones and shades that could work for anyone.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Stick Foundation: This range comes with 30 shades. While it is not forty, there is about equal amount of light and dark shades. Plus there are numerous undertones of each plus some shades noticed as contour/highlight shades.
- Huda Beauty #FauxFilter Foundation: this shade range includes 30 shades with a variety of skin tones and a natural finish.
- BareMinerals BAREPRO Performance Wear Powder Foundation: Comes in 29 shades from pale to deep dark.
- Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation: Comes in 32 shades from very fair to deep.
- Kat Von D Lock-It Foundation: Comes in 30 shades from fair to deep.
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup: This foundation range goes from very fair to extra dark with 26 shades.
- Too Faced Born This Way Absolute Perfection Foundation: Comes in 24 shades from very fair to deep dark.
Know any other ones I may have missed that are cruelty free? Leave them in the comments!
Join the Howl of the Dragonites and join our Pack today by subscribing! Or support this blog over on Patreon so I can continue to put out quality content for you! To stay updated on everything I’m doing, follow me on Twitter as that’s where I post quick updates. Also, if you like this post, let me know in the comment section, it really helps me figure out what content you guys appreciate. Don’t be shy I would love to hear from you!
This post may contain affiliate or referral codes. Please help support the blog by using them!