10 Tips for Downsizing Your Wardrobe
Recently I have cut my wardrobe in half so it was more of things I just always wear and more realistic compared to having a bunch of things that I wear only once in a blue moon. And I did this as a step towards more simple living, which I'm still on the road towards. And I actually find going through my wardrobe in the morning when picking out my outfit to be so less stressful and find more enjoyment in it. So these are the steps or tips I followed to achieve this.
- Invest in high-quality items that go well together and will last for years.
- Go through everything carefully when determining whether to keep or throw.
- Borrow clothes when possible if it's for an event where you will only wear an item once.
- Figure out what kind of style you want to have before downsizing.
- If you aren't sure if you want to toss out or donate an item, put it some place else for size months, if you haven't gone to get it in that time then it's clearly not an item you want to have.
- If an article of clothing holds significant memories and you're scared to get rid of it, take a picture to remember the item by especially if it's something you will never touch or wear again.
- Before buying something new, think about what you currently have and determine if it's high enough quality or goes with the rest of your wardrobe to justify the price.
- Find inspiration from other minimalists like bloggers or Pinterest.
- Get rid of any old or damaged clothing that is beyond repair.
- For items that hang up, put all the hangers one direction then as you wear and clean them, switch the direction. Then six months later all the items with the hanger the original direction are items you don't wear and safe to donate.
What are your thoughts on having a small wardrobe?