Hello everyone! I hope you are having a brilliant day whenever you are reading this.
On August 14th, I decided I was going to attempt a 90 day transformation of my life overall in fitness, diet, and well-being. Now I didn't start this challenge that day as I knew I would be unsuccessful while I was away on vacation because I wouldn't be able to accomplish any of my goals. Maybe some day I could when I'm away, but I didn't want to start out on a bad note. So I waited until I returned. While I was away, my mother decided she would join me on this 90 day journey. Now we have very different goals in this challenge but two things we agreed on. The first, we were going to get healthy and cut back on all the junk food we are putting into our bodies. And the second, we were going to make a serious effort to exercise.
Daily Goals of the 90 Day Transformation
Now the original goals were the following when I originally made the list, but I've since gone back and modified them a bit. All changes are notated in bold and italics.
- Workout every day either in the morning before work or directly following work.
- Eat breakfast every day.
- Take my dog, Pixie, either on a walk, run, or to the dog park every day.
- Bring lunch everyday, no more buying food from food courts.
- Complete homework right away when getting home from work.
- Post a YouTube video twice a week on both my main channel and my gaming channel.
- No extra spending, only items on the budget so we have money for a down payment on a place.
- Any snack must be healthy (signed up with NatureBox to assist with this).
- Brush teeth at least twice a day (I got into a horrible habit in college and I need to correct this).
Starting Out Notes
To start out the challenge I weighed in at 127 pounds. Now I mentioned this before, I am not doing this challenge to lose weight. But any weight loss, is seen as an added bonus. I do have a target weight I would like to be, but that is not the focus or goal of the challenge. The goal is to make healthy choices in all areas of my life, so when the challenge or transformation is over I carry these newly formed habits and rituals throughout the rest of my life.
As I also mentioned previously, I am taking photographs of myself every week to help show the progress. So here is the day one photograph and the day seven photograph. From weeks going forward, I'll be doing the same thing as a comparison for every week. In other words the day one photograph will be on every post with that week's photograph.
Day One Photograph
Let me know if you've ever done anything like this or if you have any tips. I would really appreciate it!
Thank you so much for all your support!
- Mae Polzine