This post may contain affiliate or referral codes, meaning I do receive a small compensation based off them. Which helps support the blog and continue bringing the you new content. I appreciate your support and if I have a code that helps save you money as well, those will be mentioned whenever applicable.
Working from home is something that so many people dream of doing, it’s something I know I wish to be able to do on a regular basis in the future. It’s becoming the norm to start up businesses and be your own boss, whether you’re a blogger, work-at-home parent, or small business owner. The tricky thing about working from home is that there has to be an intentional balance between work and play, or you can easily fall into the routine of working in pajamas and never leaving your bed.
I occasionally work from home. On some weekends, I am on call for work and spend the rest of the time working on videos for my two YouTube videos and on my blog. For these are all tips that I use to stay productive.
- Set aside a place to use exclusively for work. This helps keep you in the right mind set when you are in this area. This can be anything from an office to just a clean desk in your room where you can work every day. And work that every day rather than in your bed as you will be less likely to slack off or work slowly.
- Give yourself set work hours. Along with the designated area, having set hours help you psychologically to help you stay on task, productive and focused. Along with work hours add designated times for breaks and exercise, so you don’t feel burnt out and can stay healthy. One thing to also schedule in are days off like a weekend.
- Get dressed like you were going to an office. This will help you get into the mindset of work as well. And keep you from laying around in your pajamas.
- Turn off all distractions. From social media to personal emails. Check these only during your break times. If you still find yourself going to social media for non-work related items, remove them from your toolbar bookmarks to make it harder to get to.
- Have a to-list list everyday. These will be the goals to complete every day. And make sure to go through them to ensure that everything that needs to be done gets completed. Start from the harder tasks first as then you’ll feel more productive. Or do them at the times where you feel the most productive in the day.
Do you work from home? What tips do you live by?