This post may contain affiliate or referral codes, for which I receive a small compensation and you get a discount in exchange. These help support the blog, so I can keep creating content. I appreciate your support.
This past week I’ve been super busy with work and the post I was going to attempt to do today, just didn’t happen. I’ll do it at another point in the future when I have more time to make it to the quality that it deserves. So instead of that post, I’m going to do a personal one about all the bad habits that I have.
- I have contacts that you’re supposed to change out every month and only wear during the day. I wear them around the clock for a month purely because I forget to take them out every single night. You would think after I got an ulcer on my left eye because of this I would stop but I haven’t.
- I chew the skin around my fingernails. They look like a mutilated mess but my nails themselves are not because I want to keep those looking good so I can apply Jamberry nail wraps.
- I will randomly narrate my life or an activity I’m doing as if I’m the narrator in a movie. And I realize how weird it must sound to others that overhear me.
- When people ask me to do something or if I can help them with something, I will automatically say “No” then do the thing they asked me about. Like, “Mae, can you hand me the remote?” “No,” while handing the remote to the person.
- Similarly if someone asks where something is, I say I ate it.
- I make a to-do list almost every day, and I seldom follow it. I.E. like writing what I was going to write for today in advance.
- I do not wake up for the day to my alarm on the first time. I have my phone with my alarm on the other side of the room so I purposefully have to get up to turn it off. Yet every morning, I grab the phone, bring it back to my bed, and hit snooze like ten times until I have like ten to fifteen minutes to get ready and get out the door.
- Drink way too much caffeine, and every time I drink it I tell myself and others that I’m not going to drink anymore caffeine then proceed to go buy five bottles of pop to drink over the next two days.
- I make plans to call or talk to someone, then never actually get around to doing it. So I don’t keep in touch with friends and family members.
- I obsess over things I’m watching: television shows, music videos, YouTube videos, movies, etc. I tell myself I’ll only watch one more than end up watching the entire season, movie multiple times in the same day or week, or ten more similar videos.
- I bite or pick at my lips so they always look chapped.
What are some of your bad habits that you need to work on?