Fashion Rules I Do Not Follow
There are a lot of classic fashion rules that are typically still followed today. And many of them I do not obey. Fashion is a way to express yourself, so some of the rules I just don't feel like they apply anymore. And it limits the fun on creating your own style. So these are all the rules that I do not follow:
- No White After Labor Day. This is an outdated rule and sometimes I just want to wear white regardless of the time of year.
- You can only wear heels with dresses or skirts. Sometimes I just love wearing my converse shoes with my dresses or skirts. And heels can be a hassle in some situations.
- Metallics and sequins only work at night. This is a fun pop of color at any time of the day.
- Your bag should match your shoes. I love a good purse as much as the next person, but having either enough shoes or purses that match each other is ridiculous.
- Navy and black don't go together. I like this is a beautiful combination. Why limit fashion by what colors can't go together? As long as they're paired nicely they can become a great look.
- No stockings or socks with open toed shoes. This can be an awesome look if they are paired together. So this rule can die in the past.
- Overalls are meant for children. I love overalls, I'm not going to stop wearing them just because I'm not a child. They are comfortable and can look really cute.
What are some fashion rules that you refuse to follow or do not believe in?