Warped Tour was a lot of fun but I definitely got sunburned pretty badly. And in summer in general you can end up with a bad burn no matter how much you try to prevent it. Especially if you're fair skinned and hardly go in the sun. I'm not a skin expert but these are some tips I've learned over the years to help heal after you get burnt.
- Take cool baths or showers. This will help relieve the pain and help ease the dryness, especially if you also use a moisturizer after your bath or shower.
- Drink extra water. Water not only helps with dehydration, but helps bring fluid to your body that is missing as sunburns draws that out to the surface.
- Use aloe vera to soothe sunburned skin. This helps reduce any swelling, redness and discomfort. Hydrocortisone creams also help in this regards if you do not have access to aloe vera.
- Don't pop any blisters that might occur. Blistering skin means you have a second-degree burn. So popping any blister can lead to an infection. The best thing to do is to leave them alone so they can heal naturally, this will also help prevent any scarring. If you notice any red streaks or oozing pus from the blisters, see a medical physician as you may have an infection.
- Wear clothing that covers your skin when outdoors after a sunburn so it can heal. Tightly-woven fabrics work best for this as it will block the sun from further damaging your skin.