I’ve been feeling very nostalgic this month and been playing all my favorite songs from the 2000s that basically defined my teenage years. Back when I was punk/emo. Some days I debate on going back to those days but let’s be honest I also love my semi-hipster aesthetic, so that will probably never happen. But still. These are all the bands that I basically had on repeat and loved to death, as well as my top song(s) from them but by no means all of them… and yes, some of these only have one song but they have to be on this list because there is no way I could make this list without them:
- 30 Seconds to Mars – The Kill, Kings and Queens, Night of the Hunter, Hurricane, Closer to the Edge, Vox Populi, and Alibi.
- Between the Trees – The Way She Feels.
- Blue October – X Amount of Words, Hate Me, and Into the Ocean.
- Breaking Benjamin – I Will Not Bow, Diary of Jane, and Give Me a Sign.
- Evanescence – Haunted, Everybody’s Fool, Bring me to Life, Lithium, and Call Me When You’re Sober.
- Fall Out Boy – Thnks Fr Th Mmrs, Our Lawyer Made Us Change the Name of This Song so we Wouldn’t get Sued, I Slept With Someone in Fallout Boy and All I Got Was This Stupid Song, Hum Hallelujah, This Aint a Scene Its an Arms Race.
- Fort Minor – Remember the Name.
- The Fray – You Found Me, Heartless, How to Save a Life, and Over My Head (Cable Car).
- Godsmack – Serenity, I Stand Alone, and Voodoo.
- Green Day – Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Holiday, Wake Me Up When September Ends and American Idiot
- The Killers – Mr. Brightside, When You Were Young, and Somebody Told Me.
- Linkin Park – In the End, Numb, Paper Cut, What I’ve Done, The Catalyst, and Krwling.
- Marianas Trend – Cross My Heart, All to Myself, Good to You, and Beside You.
- Muse – Time is Running Out and Hysteria.
- My Chemical Romance – Welcome to the Black Parade, Teenagers, Helena, and I’m Not Okay (I Promise).
- Nickelback – Savin’ Me, Far Away, If Everyone Cared, Someday, and How You Remind Me.
- Panic! At the Disco – I Write Sins Not Tragedies, Build God Then We’ll Talk, Time to Dance, and the Ballad of Mona Lisa.
- Paramore – Emergency, Let the Flames Begin, Misery Business, Brick by Boring Brick, and Pressure.
- Placebo – Running Up That Hill.
- Plumb – Cut.
- Red – Let Go, Already Over, Never be the Same, and Break Me Down.
- Red Jumpsuit Apparatus – Face Down and Your Guardian Angel.
- SafetySuit – Stay, Life Left to Go, and Never Stop.
- The Script – Before the Worst, Breakeven, and The End Where I Begin.
- Secondhand Serenade – A Twist in my Story, Fall For You, and It’s Not Over.
- Skillet – Falling in the Black, Last Night, Hero, Monster, Lucy, Awake and Alive, Whispers in the Dark, and Open Wounds.
- Three Days Grace – Riot, Never Too Late, Pain, Animal I Have Become, Lost in You, and I Hate Everything About You.
What bands or songs defined your teenage years?
This post may contain affiliate or referral codes. Please help support the blog by using them!