I’ve learned a lot about makeup over the past few years from bloggers, makeup artists, and youtubers. I would say family but my mom never wears makeup and my sister only wears foundation on any given day, so I didn’t learn anything from them. And not every trick or technique is used forever, but there are some that continue to stick around. From makeup to skincare, these are the most helpful beauty tips that I think everyone should know. Because makeup isn’t just for girls, it’s for anyone who wants to use it.
- Moisturize your face every daily, both before putting on makeup and after taking it off.
- Bronzer or contour along the jawline will make your face appear slimmer as you are creating a shadow there. Same goes with how you apply it to your nose.
- Clear mascara through your brows will have shape and tame them.
- Don’t wash your hair daily, only every 3-4 days as this helps it become more healthier and stronger as you need those natural oils.
- Putting a nude or light color in your waterline will make your eyes look bigger and more awake.
- Use a body scrub before applying self-tanner for a more even result.
- Tea tree oil will help make pimples go away more quickly.
- Clean makeup brushes often, about once a week to keep them clear of bacteria that causes breakouts.
- A dampen beauty blender or sponge will help you get a more flawless look.
- You can swap eye primer with concealer to help your eyeshadow last all day.
- Toner will help make your pores appear smaller and remove excess oils.
- Use lip scrubs to avoid lipsticks from highlighting dry patches.
- Be mindful of makeup expiration dates, I have already done a post on this so check that out for when certain makeups expire.
- If you tweeze your brows, do it directly after a shower as this will make it less painful.
- Don’t pump your mascara, this only forces air into the tube and cause it to dry out.
- Use a light hand when applying blush and bronzer.
- It’s never too early to start using eye cream and sunscreen every day.
- Dry shampoo is great for in-between showers as well has giving your hair volume.
- Hair oil is great for combatting dryness.
- Don’t apply heat to your hair directly after a shower, this will only cause heat damage. Allow it to air dry and use a heat protectant spray before blow drying or using an iron.
- Cotton swabs soaked in nail polish remover helps clean up any mistakes when applying nail polish.
- Use a t-shirt to dry your hair instead of a towel as this is more gentle.
- Lips can get sunburned too, so apply lip balms with SPF.
- Light or shimmery shadows under the brows help give yourself a instant brow lift.
- If you wash your hair at night like I do, braid your hair when you get done to have soft effortless waves in the morning.
- Silk pillow cases help prevent hair breakage or premature wrinkles.
- Apply a thin topcoat every day to help your manicure last longer.
What are your beauty tips?
This post may contain affiliate or referral codes. Please help support the blog by using them!