Today’s tag is the Behind the Blogger Tag that I was tagged in by Ellie from Read to Ramble, thank you so much for tagging me! If you don’t know Ellie or don’t follow her blog, I definitely recommend creating her out. I love reading her reviews. This tag was created by Ellyn from allonsythornraxx. Now, on to the questions!
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer all the questions down below.
- Pingback to the creator.
- Nominate 5+ bloggers you’d like to know more about, to do this tag.
Why did you start blogging? & Why have you kept blogging?
I started blogging when I got out of college as I needed a creative outlet. I work in IT, which doesn’t allow me to completely express the other half of me. So, blogging became my go-to for this energy/passion. My blog has shifted over the years to whatever interests me at the time. But I kind of like that about my blog because it lets me shift to whatever I need to as my life evolves and changes. It’s why I’ve kept it up over the years.
What is your favorite type of blog post to write?
At the moment, I’m loving writing the “My Experience Reading (BLANK)” type of posts. Mostly just because I’ve been doing a lot of reading during quarantine. But I don’t have a particular favorite of post overall.
What are your top three favorite blog posts you wrote?
Since I’ve been blogging for so long I cannot think of all of the posts that I have done. The main ones that come to mind are the ones that get the most views all of the time. But I wouldn’t call most of those my favorites, as some of them were just I was trying to post something.
However, these are the ones that I can think of:
- Difference Between Pressed Pigment and Eyeshadow
- Comparing The Mortal Instruments to Freeform’s Shadowhunters to City of Bones Movie I did this with the entire series, and spent a lot of time comparing every detail. There’s a post on every book, so the one I’m linking is just the first one. Since that had the most comparisons as they only ever made one movie.
- Irresistible Me Silky Touch Hair Extensions | AD This was my first ever sponsored post. I don’t think it’s my best work, but I still remember being super excited when that email came in. Especially since it was something that I had wanted to try for a while.
What are some of your favorite things to do to relax?
To relax I generally go with either playing video games like Animal Crossing New Horizons or Stardew Valley, or I pick up a book to read. Usually a book I’ve already read so I don’t have anxiety about what’s going to happen. Which at the moment usually means either a Cassandra Clare (Shadowhunters) novel or a Sarah J. Maas novel.
What are three of your favorite things?
My laptop (I cannot function without it), my dog Pixie, and my family. I know the last two aren’t technically things, but I don’t really care about a lot of physical possessions other than my laptop. Even if my books were gone, I can put them all on Kindle which can be accessed from my laptop.
What are your proudest blogging moments?
I think my favorite moment that happened as far as blogging was either when I got the first AdSense payment after having my blog for five years or when my blog past 100K views in one year. Both of which happened last year. I have a feeling I’m going to surpass that this year with my blog (one I already have) but I still remember being super proud when those two things happened.
What are your hobbies outside of blogging?
I love writing novels with a dream one day to get one published. I’m currently planning on attempting it with the most recent one that I’ve been working on. I’m really loving what I’ve created so far with this world, and this it’s some of my best work so far. Which is why I’m considering taking the next step with this book. But you never know what’s going to happen in the future.
I also have taken up digital drawing using Procreate. I’m still figuring it out but this is one of my favorite drawings that I’ve done so far. It’s Rhysand and Feyre from A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas during Starfall. It’s a recreation of one out of the coloring book.
Describe your personality in three words.
I’m terrible at describing myself but I’ll try: creative, clever, and sarcastic.
What are your top three pet peeves?
- The “tsk” sound during a conversation. My father used to make it a lot, and I still can’t stand it. Especially if it’s used during an argument.
- People repeating stories. My mom will tell me the same story multiple times as if it’s the first time she’s told it to me. To a point where I can repeat it back to her. I try not to comment on it, but it’s such a pet peeve of mine.
- People walking slow and taking up the sidewalk. This is something that stems from school. I hate when I get stuck walking behind someone that’s going extremely slow. And there’s no way to get around them. Usually on they’re on the phone or lost in conversation. I understand it, but it still drives me insane especially when I’m trying to get somewhere.
What’s something your followers don’t know about you?
I’m struggling to think of something that I haven’t already shared on my blog. Considering it’s been ages since I’ve managed it though there might not be people that know that I have Bipolar Type II Disorder. I try not to let it affect my life too much, but sometimes it can’t be helped since I’m not on any medication for it after having extreme paranoia while on it that emotions were not my own. I’m not sure if I would have that same reaction today if I went back on it, but it’s been years since I stopped taking it. At least, I’ve managed to switch my coping mechanisms from harmful ones (towards self not others) to more healthy ones.
Join the Howl of the Pack today by subscribing! To stay updated on everything I’m doing, follow me on Twitter as that’s where I post quick updates. Also, if you like this post, let me know in the comment section, it really helps me figure out what content you guys appreciate. Don’t be shy I would love to hear from you!