So, I got seriously into reading than after binging a lot of good series, I fell not really into a reading slump as I haven’t stopped reading but I haven’t really touched new books. I’ve just been re-reading all of my favorite series. And have way, way, way too many that I purchased but haven’t read. Nor can get myself to read as I’m too nervous to reach for them for fear they won’t live up to expectations. As a lot of these I learned through BookTok (TikTok) as being great books.
Maybe posting about all of the books that I recently got, I thought I would share them on the blog then maybe that will help me “get over myself” and read them.
- Fable by Adrienne Young
- From Blood and Ash and A Kingdom of Flesh and Fire by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Serpent & Dove and Blood & Honey by Shelby Mahurin
- Iron Heart by Nina Varela, the sequel to Crier’s War
- The entire Red Queen series by Victoria Aveyard
- Set Fire to the Gods by Sara Raasch
- These Rebel Waves and These Divided Shores by Sara Raasch
- King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo
- The Shadow and Bone triology by Leigh Bardugo
Not to mention, I still have books from my birthday that I haven’t even gotten to yet:
- Chain of Gold by Cassandra Clare — though this one I’m more waiting on having the entire series on hand before I read it. I’ve heard there’s a cliffhanger and I want the next book out before I even get to it, so I don’t forget any details.
- Snow Like Ashes series by Sara Raasch
- The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins
This all being said, I’m putting myself on a book buying probation until I get through this list. If you’ve read any of these books before, which one do you think I should read first to get me over this weird “I’m scared to read new books, but not having problem reading in general”? I’ve never dealt with this weird experience with reading before.
Join the Howl of the Pack today by subscribing! To stay updated on everything I’m doing, follow me on Twitter as that’s where I post quick updates. Or join our Discord server. Also, if you like this post, let me know in the comment section, it really helps me figure out what content you guys appreciate. Don’t be shy I would love to hear from you!