This post may contain affiliate or referral codes. Please help support the blog by using them!
I’m going to do a new mini-series on my blog where I take some of the palettes out of my luxury or high end bin and try to recreate it using individual shadows that I have in my collection. I’m not going to do every palette in my collection as some of them have a lot of shadows that I know I can’t recreate. And I don’t know of the palettes I picked out if I can honestly recreate them completely but that’s why I wanted to do this series. As I’m mentioning I’m just going to focus on recreating the palettes from individual shadows as in the end if I have a lot of the same tones I’m going to de-clutter those pans. ‘Cause I can’t think of any better way to go through them where I won’t instantly go where is that one shadow. So to start with I’m going to start with one of the more recent palettes to join my collection: Anastasia Beverly Hills Riviera.
Honestly, I couldn’t create exact dupes using my individual shadows but I tried my hardest. So here are the shadows along with which one I compared them to:
- ABH Sails > NYX Hot Single Shadow in Whipped Cream
- ABH Yacht > ColourPop Individual Pressed Shadow in Snake Eyes
- ABH Seychelles > NYX Prismatic Shadow in Savage
- ABH Palermo > ColourPop Individual Pressed Shadow in Thank U, Next
- ABH Seaside > ColourPop Individual Pressed Shadow in On a Whimsy
- ABH Inheritance > NYX Prismatic Shadow in Gilded
- ABH Mediterranean > NYX Prismatic Shadow in Blue Jeans
- ABH Estate > ColourPop Individual Pressed Shadow in Lucky You
- ABH Cabana > ColourPop Individual Pressed Shadow in Tiki
- ABH Coastline > ColourPop Individual Pressed Shadow in Lay Low
- ABH Bahamas > ColourPop Individual Pressed Shadow in Solstice With the Mostest
- ABH Monte Carlo > ColourPop Individual Pressed Shadow in Poodle
- ABH Cannes > ColourPop Individual Pressed Shadow in Try Me
- ABH Palm > ColourPop Individual Pressed Shadow in Feathered
I think the matte half went better for all shades but Bahamas as I didn’t have a vibrant pink in a matte finish. As for the others, I can see four or five that are almost identical so I have some that I could de-clutter from the collection. But ultimately most of my shadows are relatively unique from each other. Which I would say is a good thing.
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS NEW MINI-SERIES? WHICH PALETTE SHOULD I DO NEXT?
Join the Howl of the Pack today by subscribing! Or support this blog over on Patreon so I can continue to put out quality content for you! To stay updated on everything I’m doing, follow me on Twitter as that’s where I post quick updates. Also, if you like this post, let me know in the comment section, it really helps me figure out what content you guys appreciate. Don’t be shy I would love to hear from you!