This post may contain affiliate or referral codes, meaning I do receive a small compensation based off them. Which helps support the blog and continue bringing the you new content. I appreciate your support and if I have a code that helps save you money as well, those will be mentioned whenever applicable.
Continuing on with my single pan declutter project, I’m going to be comparing my individual shadows with Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture Palette as it’s one of my go to palettes. Sometimes I do have issues with Subculture, but ultimately the shades just call to me. So I want to see just how close we can get to recreating the palette using my individual shadows. Now I know for a fact we won’t get close on a large majority of the shades.
Bottom Swatch (ABH Subculture) and Top Swatch (Individual Shadow):
- Cube > ColourPop Individual Pressed Shadow in Blow Fish
- Dawn > ColourPop Individual Pressed Shadow in Running Late
- Destiny > ColourPop Individual Pressed Shadow in Team Captain
- Adorn > ColourPop Individual Pressed Shadow in Board Shorts
- All Star > ColourPop Individual Pressed Shadow in Facet
- Mercury > NYX Hot Single Shadow in S.O.S
- Axis > ColourPop Individual Pressed Shadow in Conjour Up
- Roxy > ColourPop Individual Pressed Shadow in Lay Low
- Electric > ColourPop Individual Pressed Shadow in La Playa
- Fudge > ColourPop Individual Pressed Shadow in Lil’ Boat
- New Wave > ColourPop Individual Pressed Shadow in Koi
- Untamed > NYX Hot Single Shadow in Zen
- Edge > ColourPop Individual Pressed Shadow in Paper Tiger
- Rowdy > ColourPop Individual Pressed Shadow in Roundhouse
While my individual shadows can get a close result they just aren’t as pigmented or rich as Subculture. Not that they don’t work amazing, but they just don’t get you to the same end colors. I also have nothing for the duochromes Cube and Electric that match… well Cube I can get sort of close with using the Kat Von D Alchemist palette but I’m not going to purchase that palette again when it runs out since I don’t want to support that brand anymore. I also didn’t have anything close to Untamed, I went into a metallic shade just so there was something but even then it’s not the same undertones or depth. The only shade I would say is close is Facet by ColourPop with All Star, but it’s not as rust undertone as All Star. So nothing is getting decluttered in this round but I still had fun trying to get something close.
WHAT HIGH-END PALETTE WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE ME ATTEMPT TO RECREATE USING MY INDIVIDUAL SHADOWS?
Join the Howl of the Pack today by subscribing! Or support this blog over on Patreon so I can continue to put out quality content for you! To stay updated on everything I’m doing, follow me on Twitter as that’s where I post quick updates. Also, if you like this post, let me know in the comment section, it really helps me figure out what content you guys appreciate. Don’t be shy I would love to hear from you!