This post may contain affiliate or referral codes, for which I receive a small compensation and you get a discount in exchange. These help support the blog, so I can keep creating content.
At the beginning of 2020, Jeffree Star announced that the Alien Palette, which has been out of stock for some time will no longer be coming back. Since this is one of my favorite palettes even though I broke it when I took it out of the original packaging, I was debating on getting a second which now will no longer be happening. So, I thought I would bring back this series and see if I can come up with some dupes for my favorite shades in that palette.
He also discontinued the Thirsty palette, but I have already done a dupe comparison for that palette. Check out that post if you want to see what I came up with.
- Pluto: Icy peach/yellow duochrome
- Titan: Matte ivory bonewhite
- Alien: Neon bright green metallic
- Intersellar: White gold metallic
- Abduction: Matte chartreuse
- UFO: Green gold metallic
- Gravitea: Matte peachy nude
- Martian Soil: Matte mustard
- Flying Saucer: Matte teal green
- Phone Home: Matte mauve brown
- Moon Rock: Metallic forest green gold
- X-Files: Matte khaki army green
- Ghost OG: Matte dark army green almost grey
- Area 51: Matte rich, royal purple
- Space Cowboy: Metallic warm tone burgundy/brown
- Probe: Metallic green/burgundy brown duochrome
- Tall Grey: Matte grey with blue undertone
- Black Hole: Matte black
As with my previous versions in this series, I’m using individual shadows that I already have in my collection to tempt to recreate the palette. I did not have something similar in every instance. So, some are just as close as I could get it without being a 1-for-1 dupe. The top row in each of these swatches is the Jeffree Star Cosmetics Alien Palette and the bottom row is the comparison shadow.
- Pluto > ColourPop Pressed Powder in Now and Zen
- Titan > NYX Hot Single Shadow in Stiletto
- Alien > NYX Primastic Shadow in Bewitched
- Intersellar > ColourPop Pressed Powder in Game Changer
- Abduction > NYX Hot Single Shadow in Money Maker
- UFO > ColourPop Pressed Powder in Rose All Day
- Gravitea > ColourPop Pressed Powder in Sea Stars
- Martian Soil > ColourPop Pressed Powder in Paper Tiger
- Flying Saucer > ColourPop Pressed Powder in Conjour Up
- Phone Home > ColourPop Pressed Powder in The News
- Moon Rock > ColourPop Pressed Powder in Sideline
- X-Files > NYX Hot Single Shadow in Betrayal
- Ghost OG > NYX Hot Single Shadow in Moon Rock
- Area 51 > ColourPop Pressed Powder in Try Me
- Space Cowboy > ColourPop Pressed Powder in Hung Up
- Probe > ColourPop Pressed Powder in Wishful Winking
- Tall Grey > None, I don’t have anything similar (grey shadows are not something I have in my collection)
- Black Hole > ColourPop Pressed Powder in Let’s Do It
Overall, I was able to come up with some shades that were fairly close, but there were a good handful that were none. Or I had to switch out metallic/glitter for a matte shade to get something close. The middle row in particular as I was coming up with the comparison also were the same ones I made with the Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture Palette. Or they reminded me a lot of that palette anyways while I was doing it. I might do a look using the middle row of that palette compared to this palette like I did with the Dominique Cosmetics Latte Palette and Kathleen Lights x ColourPop Dream Street Palette.
ANY OTHER PALETTES YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE ME DO THIS WITH, LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS!
Join the Howl of the Pack today by subscribing! Or support this blog over on Patreon so I can continue to put out quality content for you! To stay updated on everything I’m doing, follow me on Twitter as that’s where I post quick updates. Also, if you like this post, let me know in the comment section, it really helps me figure out what content you guys appreciate. Don’t be shy I would love to hear from you!