This post may contain affiliate or referral codes, for which I receive a small compensation and you get a discount in exchange. These help support the blog, so I can keep creating content.
Element of Surprise palette was ColourPop’s first palette that ever had all four finishes: matte, satin, metallic, and duochrome. I love how this palette as a lot of different colors so you can create a variety of looks. I’ve had a lot of fun playing with this palette for the past week. As you can tell in the video since all photos in these reviews were done on the same day before any of them were tried out.
Shades in the Palette
- Feels: metallic soft opalescent pink
- Late Night: metallic copper with gold duochrome
- Silk Street: matte purple-fuchsia
- Rayon: metallic dark coral with blue-green duochrome
- Go With the Flow: matte true peach
- Subdue: metallic lavender with blue-green duochrome
- Opulent: metallic bright true fuchsia
- Labyrinth: matte dusty pink
- Blank Canvas: matte deep maroon
- Sea Stars: matte medium yellow brown
- Details: matte smoky burgundy sprinkled with hot pink glitter
- Peace of Mind: metallic bright burgundy
I find it a little odd that ColourPop states there are all four finishes but on their website they only describe the shades as either matte or metallic. I do agree there are four different finishes in the palette, but it’s just a little strange they didn’t describe them as such. There is only one shade in the palette I can barely see myself reaching for which is details as I can’t see myself using a matte burgundy with glitter on top of it. It just isn’t the top of shadow that I reach for when I’m doing my makeup. But that doesn’t mean it’s a bad shadow, it’s just not something I would reach for. I do love this palette and can see myself mixing it in with the other palettes from ColourPop. Have you tried this palette, if so what do you think of it?
Join the Howl of the Pack today by subscribing! Or support this blog over on Patreon so I can continue to put out quality content for you! To stay updated on everything I’m doing, follow me on Twitter as that’s where I post quick updates. Also, if you like this post, let me know in the comment section, it really helps me figure out what content you guys appreciate. Don’t be shy I would love to hear from you!