This post may contain affiliate or referral codes, meaning I do receive a small compensation based off them. Which helps support the blog and continue bringing the you new content. I appreciate your support and if I have a code that helps save you money as well, those will be mentioned whenever applicable.
Since April I have had every single 12-pan eyeshadow palette except for one that was discontinued, but it was recently relaunched and I was able to get my hands on it. Or the Fall palette that just came out on September 13th and I haven’t gotten my hands on it yet. Now since I just got the She Palette, I’m not going to be including it in this list since I haven’t played around with it enough plus it would be at the bottom of the list since as I said I have barely touched it. But since it has been quite some time, I thought it would be a fun idea now to rank them based off how often I reach for the palette along with my overall thoughts on the color story of each palette. Now just because a palette I mention is towards the end of the list does not mean it’s a bad palette. In truth, I love all of these palettes and the formula. There just are some I don’t reach for as often as others when I’m doing my makeup.
- Dream St.: This is my all-time favorite palette from ColourPop, and if they ever discontinue it I would probably buy like three back-ups to have for in the future. And then use each one for like ten years even though they would be beyond expired at that point. I have a massive eyeshadow collection at this point and rarely get to all of my palettes in a month but this one gets used more than once a month. It just has something for any time of look that you want to do. And now that the Zodiac Palette has come out, I like to mix that one in with this palette as well some days.
- Give it to Me Straight: This one is my runner up palette for the Dream St. palette as it has the gorgeous bronze tones along with the burgundy and berry tones which I often find myself wearing on a daily basis.
- You Had Me at Hello: Until The Zodiac palette, this was the only 12-pan palette that had a mirror. And apparently was a repackaged or labeled palette from a collaboration with Kathleen Lights that never happened. This palette I use a lot in the Spring and Fall time due to the plum or berry tones of the palette. Unlike the Give it to me Straight palette which is more of a mixture, You Had Me at Hello Palette is more concentrated on those tones.
- The Zodiac: Though this palette is newer than the other palettes that fall below this. I love this palette and have used it a lot in comparison to the older palettes mentioned after this one. It has just everything I’m looking for to create any type of look. Plus I can mix this palette with my all-time favorite palette of Dream St. since Kathleen Lights made them to work together.
- Yes, Please!: I got this palette as everyone seems to be obsessed with the yellow eyeshadow look this year. And while I love this color combo and do not have anything like it in my collection, I honestly never do a yellow toned eyeshadow look. Call me basic, I don’t care. I love the natural colors for eyeshadows with a subtle pop of color that somewhat leans towards the grunge end of the makeup style spectrum. While you can sort do that with this palette, it’s just not something I reach for often.
- I Think I Love You: This palette is like a combination of the Yes, Please! palette and the Give it to Me Straight palette. And I never think to grab this one due to that fact. If I want the bronze or copper tones, I grab Give it to Me Straight. And if I want yellow tones, I grab the Yes, Please! So this palette just gets over looked since I rarely mix those two looks. So while I love the eyeshadows in the I Think I Love You palette, it just sits in my collection. Not that I would declutter it but enough where it doesn’t get high on my usage list of the ColourPop 12-shadow palettes.
- Double Entendre: While I love the natural tones of this palette, I have so many other natural palettes that this one isn’t as reached for in comparison to the other palettes. But like all of the other palettes I love how it looks on my eyes, I just don’t reach for it often due to the seer amount of palettes in my collection. Not that I’m going to get rid of any or stop getting eyeshadow palettes.
- Element of Surprise: While I love the color story of this palette, I just don’t reach for it often. No real reason for it but I tend to just reach for other palettes at the moment (mainly not ColourPop palettes since over the summer I got A LOT of eyeshadow palettes), so this palette just gets skipped. I need to play with this palette some more.
- My Little Pony: This palette is the lowest on the list purely because of the concept. While I love the pops of color, I rarely reach for this one due to the fact it’s the My Little Pony palette. Hardly anyone at work ever asks me what palette I have on my eyes, but I don’t know I feel weird about that. So I don’t really reach for this palette, or if I do it’s just for a pop of color. But I don’t soley wear this palette for a look.
Which ColourPop palette(s) do you love or reach for the most?
Join the Howl of the Pack today by subscribing! Or support this blog over on Patreon so I can continue to put out quality content for you! To stay updated on everything I’m doing, follow me on Twitter as that’s where I post quick updates. Also, if you like this post, let me know in the comment section, it really helps me figure out what content you guys appreciate. Don’t be shy I would love to hear from you!