This post may contain affiliate or referral codes, for which I receive a small compensation and you get a discount in exchange. These help support the blog, so I can keep creating content. I appreciate your support.
This is a concept I got from Cleia, which I’ve had in my “‘post ideas” list forever but never ended up doing. And recently I’ve been using Dominique Cosmetics Latte Palette for my everyday makeup. So, I thought it was finally time to compare this palette with the Kathleen Lights x ColourPop Dream St. Palette.
For the most part, these palettes look very similar, though I would not consider them dupes of each other. For starters, some of the comparisons for the shades are a combination of two tot make it close. But on the eyes, they come of almost identical. On the top for swatches is the Dominique Cosmetics Latte Palette, and on the bottom for swatches is the Kathleen Lights x ColourPop Dream St. Palette.
- Hazelnut: Matte warm brown with a red undertone
- Caramel: Matte light taupe with a cool undertone
- Vanilla Crème: Matte muted yellow
- Mocha: Matte chocolate brown
- Pumpkin Spice: Matte rustic muted orange with red undertones
- Espresso: Foil brown with gold flecks
- Macchiato: Foil Champagne with gold flecks
- Crème Brulee: Foil copper rose gold
- Cold Brew: Matte deep teal
- Double Shot: Matte purple with red undertones
Dream St. Palette
- Shooting star: matte soft golden brown
- Magical: matte yellow peach
- Star dust: metallic true copper
- Twinkle: metallic true rose gold
- Sweet dreams: metallic soft champagne with a peachy pink flip
- Water bearer: matte cool teal
- Potion: matte vivid reddish rust
- Spark: matte neon red
- Kaleidoscope: metallic intense silvery nude
- Elfish: matte rich red brown
- Moony: satin soft baby pink
- Mermaid boy: metallic deep teal
Can You Tell Which Side is Which Palette?
The left eye in the photos is Dominique Cosmetics Latte Palette and the right is Kathleen Lights x ColourPop Dream St. Palette. Did you get it right? I had to go back and reference my brows because I couldn’t for the life of me from the picture tell which eye was which. But I know which one I did each palette on as I left the palettes in that order for when I got around to writing this up for the blog.
So, if you want to save a buck the Kathleen Lights x ColourPop Dream St. Palette is $20, while the Dominique Cosmetics Latte Palette is $42. But you can get very similar looks. Though there are some differences.
Join the Howl of the Pack today by subscribing! Or support this blog over on Patreon so I can continue to put out quality content for you! To stay updated on everything I’m doing, follow me on Twitter as that’s where I post quick updates. Also, if you like this post, let me know in the comment section, it really helps me figure out what content you guys appreciate. Don’t be shy I would love to hear from you!