This post may contain affiliate or referral codes. Please help support the blog by using them!
Out of my collection there are seventeen palettes that are neutral, maybe a few more give or take. I thought I would pull them out of my collection and just compare them to each other. To determine if any of them are insanely similar to one another, or see how many of the shades appear to be identical. Any palette that were more color than neutral (various shades of brown) were discarded for this comparison. I’m going to be swatching each shade that appears similar next to each other to the comparison.
Here is the list of palettes I will be comparing by shade solely, I will not be getting into the formulas of any of these palettes or brands:
- Tarte Tarteist Pro Palette
- Tarte Tartelette Toasted Palette
- Tarte Tartelette In Bloom Palette
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Sultry Palette
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Palette
- Urban Decay Naked Palette
- Dominique Cosmetics Latte Palette
- ColourPop Give It To Me Straight Palette
- ColourPop I Think I Love You Palette
- ColourPop Double Entendre Palette
- ColourPop Fortune Palette
- ColourPop Fame Palette
- ColourPop x Disney Designer Collection Palette
- ColourPop Brown Sugar Palette
- Juvia’s Place The Warrior Palette
- Juvia’s Place The Nubian Palette
- Morphe 350 Palette
I’m not going to be comparing every single shadow in every single palette as my arm will not stand that. So instead I’m using the Dominique Cosmetics Latte Palette as the guide for what I’m comparing. That being using those shadows first then finding similar ones in all of the other palettes. There are definitely other shades that match as well in other palettes, but again my arm can only stand so much.
There were so many more but my arm was getting irritated. These palettes have so many similarities and yet at the same time they each have their own undertones making them different. Which in a way makes me happy as I don’t have a lot of duplicates in my neutral palettes. But at the same time just points out how similar they are to each other. This also doesn’t take into account the shadows in other palettes that aren’t straight neutral palettes.
Join the Howl of the Pack today by subscribing! Or support this blog over on Patreon so I can continue to put out quality content for you! To stay updated on everything I’m doing, follow me on Twitter as that’s where I post quick updates. Also, if you like this post, let me know in the comment section, it really helps me figure out what content you guys appreciate. Don’t be shy I would love to hear from you!