This post may contain affiliate or referral codes, meaning I do receive a small compensation based off them. Which helps support the blog and continue bringing the you new content. I appreciate your support and if I have a code that helps save you money as well, those will be mentioned whenever applicable.
Fore-warning this is going to be a several part series as Disney loves to throw cameos into different movies and make everything one connected world. But we’re not just going to be going over the hidden Easter Eggs in this series but the bigger connecting branches that string multiple movies together. As some of these are only tied together from the Easter Eggs, while others are a little more detailed with proof from the movies if you take certain context clues. To begin the series off, I’m just going to be going over the Easter Eggs that don’t necessarily string the movies together but are fun things to find while watching the films.
- The Lion King: The first cameo is Scar when his pelt appears in Hercules at Phil’s feet after Hercules was getting his portrait done on a vase. The next cameo happens in The Hunchback of Notre Dame, where we can see two times in the movie. Once as a statue with a very strong resemblance to Pumbaa. And second, you can also see his character being carried on a spit down the streets in The Hunchback of Notre Dame “Out There” scene.
- Mickey and the Gang: During King Triton’s entrance you can find Mickey, Donald, and Goofy amongst the crowd. Mickey can also be found standing in the crowd at Powerline concert during A Goofy Movie. There is also a small Mickey Mouse doll in Frozen.
- The Little Mermaid : King Triton appears as a Mardi Gras float during The Princess and the Frog. There is also a copy of this story in Tangled when Rapunzel and Flynn are reading in the library.
- Lady and the Tramp: During the Twilight Bark Scene in 101 Dalmatians, Lady and Tramp make a quick cameo. You can also find Peg in the window of Percy’s Pet Shop during this scene as well. You can also see Peg with Jock and Trusty in Oliver & Company. Jock also appears in 101 Dalmatians helping out the pups.
- Beauty and the Beast: During Aladdin you can find the Beast in one of the Sultan’s toys. There is also a copy of this story in Tangled when Rapunzel and Flynn are reading in the library. Mrs. Potts and Chip can be seen in the Porter’s camp during Tarzan. Belle is reading a book during the “Out There” scene in The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
- Aladdin: The Magic Carpet appears during the opening scene of The Hunchback of Notre Dame during the “Out There” scene. This carpet didn’t just end it’s during to France, it also travelled to New Orleans where it can be seen in the opening scene of The Princess and the Frog. The Magic Carpet isn’t the only world traveler, the lamp also makes an appearance in The Pricess and the Frog during Mama Odie’s “Dig a Little Deeper” scene. A character who makes an appearance in multiple movies would be Jafar’s beggar disguise as he makes a striking resemblance to the “I’m Free” guy from the Hunchback of Notre Dame.
- Cinderella: The King and the Grand Duke are guests during the wedding scene in The Little Mermaid.
- Pinocchio: He makes an appearance in Tangled. He can be found hidden in the rafters above Flynn Rider during the “I’ve Got a Dream” scene.
- Dumbo: This lovable elephant can be found in Lilo & Stitch, when Lilo is watching the falling star as Dumbo is a toy sitting in the background on the art easel. He can also be found in The Great Mouse Detective as a bubble toy.
- Sleeping Beauty: There is a copy of this story in Tangled when Rapunzel and Flynn are reading in the library. Princess Aurora can also be found walking in the background of Oliver & Company. And the spinning wheel appears in Rapunzel’s tower during the opening scene of Tangled.
- Bambi: Bambi’s mom makes appearance in multiple movies striking the same pose in every single one. Those movies being: Beauty and the Beast, The Rescuers during the “Someone’s Waiting for You” Scene, and The Jungle Book.
- Mulan: A poster of this movie can be found hanging on Nani’s bedroom wall and there is also a restaurant based off her in Lilo & Stitch.
- 101 Dalmatians: Pongo appears during “Why Should I Worry” Scene in Oliver & Company.
- Lilo and Stitch: Stitch appears on the shelf of baby Jim Hawkin’s bedroom in Treasure Planet.
- Princess and the Frog: Tiana and Naveen were in attendance to Elsa’s coronation in Frozen.
- Monster’s Inc: Mike Wazowski appears as a small figurine in Frozen. While Sully appears as a figurine in “Brave” at the home of the witch.
- Frozen: Hans appears on a wanted poster in Big Hero 6.
- Tangled: There is a copy of Rapunzel in Charlotte’s room in The Pricess and the Frog. Flynn and Rapunzel are also in Frozen during the “For the First Time In Forever” scene.
Know any other Easter Eggs? Let us know in the comments!