This post may contain affiliate or referral codes. Please help support the blog by using them!
Since I’m done with the connecting the Disney movie series, I thought we would just go over what the time period and general location of each of the Disney princess movies. Some movies it’s really easy to tell where they happened based off the story or the architecture, while others are a little more difficult to place. Some are placed in certain areas due to the author of the original tale and their origins, while others are taking context clues from the movies. And yes some of these may be off, but it’s not like it’s specifically stated anywhere in these movies where their fictional land takes place. And I have seen a lot of different ideas floating around where and when each movie occurred.
- Snow White: Germany around the mid-1500s.
- Aurora from Sleeping Beauty: England or Northern Italy in the 1400s.
- Belle from Beauty & the Beast: France in the mid-1700s.
- Cinderella: Germany in the late 1880s.
- Jasmine from Aladdin: Arabian Peninsula in the 300s.
- Ariel from The Little Mermaid: Denmark in the mid to late 1800s.
- Mulan: China, Northern Wei Dynasty, 386-534 AD
- Pocahontas: Virgina in the early 1600s.
- Tiana from The Princess & The Frog: New Orleans in 1920s.
- Merida from Brave: Medieval Scotland.
- Rapunzel from Tangled: Northern Italy or Austria in early 1800s.
- Anna and Elsa from Frozen: Norway in 1840s
- Moana: Polynesia in the 1000s.
Join the Howl of the Dragonites and join our Pack today by subscribing! Or support this blog over on Patreon so I can continue to put out quality content for you! To stay updated on everything I’m doing, follow me on Twitter as that’s where I post quick updates. Also, if you like this post, let me know in the comment section, it really helps me figure out what content you guys appreciate. Don’t be shy I would love to hear from you!