This post may contain affiliate or referral codes, for which I receive a small compensation and you get a discount in exchange. These help support the blog, so I can keep creating content.
As many times as I’ve played Dragon Age Inquisition there are still things that I’m discovering in the game that I never realized were there before. So these are a few of the things that I completely missed the first time playing the game. Now some of them are not necessary for the game, but I find them to either be helpful or a nice touch.
- Sera can unlock the doors beneath Haven. You just need to explore the dungeons then talk to her and she’ll open them up.
- You don’t have to be a rogue to unlock items. Stonefist for mage or sheer force for warriors can also unlock things.
- Different classes get different background banter. Varric talks more to mages while Solas talks more to rogues.
- The guy at the Skyhold tavern has a series of war table missions and can build a successful mercenary company.
- You can soften Leliana.
- Every companion has their own focus pool but it’s off by default.
- Winter Palace timers only happen if you do specific tasks for the main quest. Avoid those and you can explore freely.
- You can dispel demons before they appear out of the rift making battles easier.
- The dog merchant in the Hissing Wastes is the best merchant, but make sure you unlock tier 3 schematics.
- Agents count as perks.
- I love jumping off high places and will do it knowing full well my Inquisitor will get hurt. But if you are a mage and cast a barrier, you can jump off a mountain with little to no damage. Provided you don’t go out of world.
- Cole knows a lot of random information and is great to have on quests.
- Solas is a dick.
- Mercy Crest though optional in the Storm Coast, make sure you are wearing as it makes a huge difference.
- You can change your Inquisitors outfit around Skyhold. You don’t have to just wear the boring tan/grey pajamas, there are actually a lot of options through the wardrobe in your room.