This post may contain affiliate or referral codes. Please help support the blog by using them!
As many times as I’ve played Dragon Age Inquisition there are still things that I’m discovering in the game that I never realized were there before. So these are a few of the things that I completely missed the first time playing the game. Now some of them are not necessary for the game, but I find them to either be helpful or a nice touch.
- Sera can unlock the doors beneath Haven. You just need to explore the dungeons then talk to her and she’ll open them up.
- You don’t have to be a rogue to unlock items. Stonefist for mage or sheer force for warriors can also unlock things.
- Different classes get different background banter. Varric talks more to mages while Solas talks more to rogues.
- The guy at the Skyhold tavern has a series of war table missions and can build a successful mercenary company.
- You can soften Leliana.
- Every companion has their own focus pool but it’s off by default.
- Winter Palace timers only happen if you do specific tasks for the main quest. Avoid those and you can explore freely.
- You can dispel demons before they appear out of the rift making battles easier.
- The dog merchant in the Hissing Wastes is the best merchant, but make sure you unlock tier 3 schematics.
- Agents count as perks.
- I love jumping off high places and will do it knowing full well my Inquisitor will get hurt. But if you are a mage and cast a barrier, you can jump off a mountain with little to no damage. Provided you don’t go out of world.
- Cole knows a lot of random information and is great to have on quests.
- Solas is a dick.
- Mercy Crest though optional in the Storm Coast, make sure you are wearing as it makes a huge difference.
- You can change your Inquisitors outfit around Skyhold. You don’t have to just wear the boring tan/grey pajamas, there are actually a lot of options through the wardrobe in your room.