This post may contain affiliate or referral codes. Please help support the blog by using them!
One thing I recently have been inspired to do is write more health & wellness posts. These are some of my favorite posts to read about and help me a lot when I write about this topic. As if you’ve read any personal update before of mine or follow my social media accounts, you’ll know I’ve been dealing with my bipolar disorder reappearing it’s ugly head. And no… I haven’t gone in yet. I can’t really afford the co-pay at the moment, so these are things I’ve been doing that have been actually helping me a lot get through the cycles. Especially the depression phases, so I hope that they might help someone else as well.
These are things that I try to do daily but some are more like weekly activities that I tend to do to help out my wellness/mental health. The main ones being going for walk with Pixie or reorganizing/getting rid of clutter. But the reorganizing part is more of a seasonal thing, after three to four months, I need a change. My roommate or family could vouch for that. I rearrange my office space/bedroom very often. Each time after I’m done I feel 100 times better and feel ready to take on anything. Same with changing my hair color, but that is more of a bi-monthly thing at this time. Currently it’s now a dark red almost cherry cola color and I love it! But knowing me it will probably go back and forth being this and blood red for quite some time. I don’t think I’m going back to blond or dirty blond… I just don’t feel like that’s me.
Anyways… the habits for a happier mindset are the following:
- Go for a walk amongst nature or just get outside to soak up some sunlight/Vitamin D. I personally love taking walks in the woods with my dog, Pixie.
- Spend time with a four-legged/furry friend if you have one.
- Clear away the clutter or excess as this can actually bog down the mind. Reorganize if that helps you put things back into order.
- Do a random act of kindness towards someone else. Seeing someone else smile will help cheer you up. Even the smallest things can make a difference.
- Get some fresh flowers or a new candle to make your house smell/look lovely.
- Give yourself extra time in the morning to wake up. It will make you feel less rushed and you have some time to yourself.
- Make yourself something delicious or something you absolutely love.
- Do something that gives you a sense of purpose.
- Do something physical each day. Otherwise yoga or meditation are also really good for your mind and body. I especially love meditation at the end of a good yoga session as it really helps me sort things out and feel refreshed.
- Spend time with your friends and family. And/or let go of someone that is toxic in your life.
- Volunteer! This always makes me feel better as I know it’s helping someone else.
- Take a vacation or time off before you get burnt out.
What are some things you do to help your wellness?