This post may contain affiliate or referral codes, meaning I do receive a small compensation based off them. Which helps support the blog and continue bringing the you new content. I appreciate your support and if I have a code that helps save you money as well, those will be mentioned whenever applicable.
I shared my main goals for the year already on the blog, but I thought I would go over some habits that I want to stop myself from doing and some that I want to start doing to help overall improve myself. Last year was learning to be comfortable in my skin and regaining independence. So, 2020 I want to be a year of growth now that I’ve achieved those two things. In order to do so, as I said some habits need to change.
Things I Need to Stop:
- Stop drinking 1 and a half 12 oz bottles of Dr. Pepper every day. I mean, I’ve gotten better from the 3 I was having a day, but I need to just cut this down more. So, I’m not so addicted to caffeine anymore.
- Biting my lips, I fixed my habit of biting my nails but that just went to my lips especially now that they are dry from winter, so I’ve been biting them a lot to the point they look terrible!
- Taking the elevator in the parking garage at work.
- Buying every new makeup release. I have an entire three shelf bookcase filled of palettes, I don’t need more. So, I need to stop.
- Stop consuming as much sugar. Not so much a habit, but it is something I should get back to being conscious about.
- Being a hermit in my apartment. I really need to get out in the world if I want any type of social life.
Things I Need to Start:
- Drink more water. It’s good for you, I just need to get better about not relaying on pop to get me through the day.
- Do skin care every day or start using lip balm and lotion to prevent your skin from looking dry all the time.
- Taking the stairs in the parking garage at work. It’s good exercise and it’s not that many floors.
- Make use of the gym at both my office building and apartment complex. It’s included in my rent and free as being a tenant in the building, I should utilize them.
- Spend more time on brushing my teeth not just a quick brush and calling it good.
- Get up earlier and actually spend time on my appearance for work instead of the two minute routine and calling it good enough.
- Reading or drawing (something off the screens) at least one hour a day.
WHAT ARE SOME HABITS YOU’RE CHANGING THIS YEAR?
Join the Howl of the Pack today by subscribing! Or support this blog over on Patreon so I can continue to put out quality content for you! To stay updated on everything I’m doing, follow me on Twitter as that’s where I post quick updates. Also, if you like this post, let me know in the comment section, it really helps me figure out what content you guys appreciate. Don’t be shy I would love to hear from you!