2020 has been long and we’re only three months in… it feels like a year has already happened since 2019. Right now the world is basically in lock down, to stop the spread of COVID-19… my state is just in a recommended self-isolation but there isn’t any strict enforcement of this. Though I’m a homebody, and used to think of myself as a bit of a hermit (or that I’d be fine with little to no contact). It’s hard not to feel off about the current situation. And honestly, I’m having a little bit of a tough time working out what my new normal is.
Not only did we move to working from home, a few weeks before shit hit the fan but the world is in a scary place right now. It’s like we’re in a horror movie or the citizens in Plague Inc. I take back every time I played that game and started in China, because honestly I did. Thought process was “they have the largest population and access to the world, that’s the perfect place to start”… which is true but in reality this sucks. Also, why is this one behaving seems oddly similar to how I play. Make the virus very infectious with minimal symptoms (if any) so it gets the population, make it resistance to drugs, then once most of the population is infected make it deadly. Now, I really hope COVID-19 doesn’t continue to follow my Plague Inc. games, but if it does… I hope it’s one that failed.
I’m still working 8 AM to 5 PM every week day (from home, not going into the office though it’s still open), so I’m not completely out of my routine like a lot of people. I’m incredibly lucky in that regard. My sister almost lost her job, but her retail company agreed to let her do something else in the meantime so she can still earn money since her area was closed. Since otherwise she wasn’t going to be paid. Most apartment units aren’t freezing rent and for a lot of people that’s a serious issue since they lost their income, I hope the government can figure that out since a lot of places have already frozen mortgages at this time and other bills. Not all but some.
It can feel like everyone is going on as normal and taking this opportunity to suddenly create their best work ever and it can be a little overwhelming when you have no idea what to do. I know many don’t feel as productive as they normally do and that’s okay, it takes time to adjust to something new let alone adjust to a situation that is changing every day.
So, on a lighter note since there’s no leaving the apartment, save to taking Pixie (my dog) for walks and if I have to make a grocery run, since I can’t stock pile nor can afford to. Here are the things I’m doing in the next few months to keep myself from worrying about the world into oblivion (granted my anxiety will still probably do that).
- Play Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Read Lord of the Rings and A Song of Ice and Fire series, they have been on my shelves for months, and I’ve never read them. Yet love the movies/television show (save for the final season of Game of Thrones).
- Read the newest book from Cassandra Clare in the Shadowhunters Chronicles called Chain of Gold.
- Re-organize my closet and dresser.
- Teach Pixie how to play dead.
- Figure out a better set up for my office area to better split work and home. Right now it’s very clutter and not a good system as I threw it together at the last minute.
- Deep clean the apartment.
- Finish repainting canvases for my art hallway. Only have two left.
- Create a good at home exercise routine and utilize all the wonderful YouTube videos there are.
- Start streaming on Twitch.
- Post more creative makeup looks on Instagram.
HOPE YOU ALL ARE STAYING SAFE AND HEALTHY IN THESE HARD TIMES.
Join the Howl of the Pack today by subscribing! To stay updated on everything I’m doing, follow me on Twitter as that’s where I post quick updates. Also, if you like this post, let me know in the comment section, it really helps me figure out what content you guys appreciate. Don’t be shy I would love to hear from you!