This post may contain affiliate or referral codes, meaning I do receive a small compensation based off them. Which helps support the blog and continue bringing the you new content. I appreciate your support and if I have a code that helps save you money as well, those will be mentioned whenever applicable.
When you enter your home or apartment, the very first thing anyone will notice is the entry way. You want it to make a statement without it getting in the way. If you don’t have a lot of place, you don’t want any big furniture that makes the space even smaller. Especially if you live in a state where people need to take off boots or coats, or if you have delivers to bring in. You need the space open up to accommodate for this activity. But if you do have a more open area, you can totally add these types of pieces that can be used to make that statement as well as serve as a place to drop things off. So how do you make that statement area in your entry way?
- Add a rug. The easiest way to add dimension is to add a rug as it can serve as the perfect place to add pattern, color, and softness. You just need to make sure you choose one that is durable as this will be a high traffic area. Especially if you live in a state where you’re going to be tracking in mud, snow, and salt for a majority of the year.
- Provide a place for stuff to land. A dresser, chest or console table with drawers will help you keep the entry from becoming cluttered whether you need to ditch mail, keys or gloves. But if you have a small entry way, furniture might not fit in so shelves might serve as a great alternative.
- Add a statement coat rack. This gives you a place to hang up your scarves, hats, bags and coats. Coat racks are wonderful especially in small spaces as they get everything out of the way and off of the floor.
- Foreshadow your home’s style. You will want the entry way to match the rest of your interior. Using the same style at the entry sets the tone and lets visitors know exactly what they are walking into from the front door.
- Provide an artful story. In most apartments, the entry space is small, but that doesn’t mean you can’t make a big statement. You can use a statement mirror, rug and a narrow end table that you can dress up to make that statement. Also add personal touches like photos of your family or pets.
- Spread out. You don’t want all of your statement pieces in the same spot of it will look crowded and cluttered. Rather you want it to be somewhat spread out so everything is functional.
- Tuck away furniture. A console table takes up little visual space while providing a handy surface in this entry. And a console table allows the underneath bench to be the star. So spice up that bench with some colorful upholstery setting the tone for the home. It can be pulled out with ease for putting on or taking off shoes and tucked out of the way underneath the table when not in use.
How do you make your entry way or foyer a statement?
Join the Howl of the Pack today by subscribing! Or support this blog over on Patreon so I can continue to put out quality content for you! To stay updated on everything I’m doing, follow me on Twitter as that’s where I post quick updates. Also, if you like this post, let me know in the comment section, it really helps me figure out what content you guys appreciate. Don’t be shy I would love to hear from you!