This post may contain affiliate or referral codes. Please help support the blog by using them!
So I finally figure out what I wanted to call this series, I most likely won’t use it for the title of every article but probably a good majority as just the name of the food sounds boring. But as the title suggest, I’m broke and hungry. So I went digging in the fridge and all we had was butter, mayonnaise, bread, and shredded cheese. Thus I’m having a grilled cheese sandwich. Which I’m not mad at, they’re delicious!
Now why am I calling this series “I’m Broke and Hungry, So Today We’re Eating…”? Well, mainly whenever I need to cook it’s always after I have spent all of my money on bills and waiting for the next paycheck to arrive. Hopefully that struggle won’t be forever, but at least for right now it is. So I might as well put it in the title. Plus it’s all simple recipes that you can make on a very restricted budget without causing you any stress over having to cook. Like the one from earlier this week, the cheesy eggs. I just didn’t have the title of the series figured out then. And since I can’t buy all the makeup in the world to review, I’m still trying to figure out how to keep up daily content without losing my mind. But food is something different, and at the moment I can think of way more recipes that fall into this category than makeup that doesn’t require me to buy anything that I’m not already doing to survive.
Anyways… Grilled cheese sandwich. A wonderful meal to have with some tomato soup… not that I have any at the moment of writing this but the sentiment is still there. Based off the ingredients I had in the fridge, this was one of the only options. That and cheese quesadilla since I do have some tortillas as well. But here’s everything you’ll need to make grilled cheese sandwiches.
- Two slices of bread
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- Shredded Cheese, today I’m using a mixture of montrey jack, cheddar, queso quesadilla, and asadero cheeses… or as the bag calls it Mexican Cheese.
- Apply half of butter and mayonnaise on each top side of your bread.
- Heat skillet (nonstick) on medium.
- Place the bread mayonnaise/butter side down on the skillet and let cook until golden brown.
- Add some more butter to the skillet if it’s all burned up then flip over the bread to cook the other side.
- When all four sides of your bread are golden brown, add your cheese. I added about a handful of cheese to my bread.
- Then put the two halves together and allow the cheese to melt, do not smash down the bread.
- If it’s not melting fast enough and the bread is starting to burn, place on a plate then pop in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Eat immediately, preferably with soup if you have it.
What other quick recipes do you go for when your fridge is running low and you’re too hungry to wait around a few hours for food to be prepped and cooked?
Join the Howl of the Pack today by subscribing! Or support this blog over on Patreon so I can continue to put out quality content for you! To stay updated on everything I’m doing, follow me on Twitter as that’s where I post quick updates. Also, if you like this post, let me know in the comment section, it really helps me figure out what content you guys appreciate. Don’t be shy I would love to hear from you!