For today's "Is (BLANK) Cruelty Free?" I'm focusing on another parent company/beauty brand that being Estée Lauder. They own a bunch of different brands including some that are cosmetic, fragrance, and haircare brands. These being: BECCA*, Bobbi Brown, Clinique, Darphin, Deciem, Estée Lauder, GLAMGLOW, La Mer, Lab Series, M.A.C., Origins, Prescriptives, Smashbox*, Too Faced*, Tom Ford Beauty, Aramis, By Kilian, DKNY Fragrances, Donna Karan Cosmetics, Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle, Ermenegildo Zegna Perfumes, Jo Malone London, Kiton, Le Labo, Michael Kors Beauty, RODIN olio lusso, Tommy Hilfiger Toiletries, Tory Burch Beauty, Aveda*, and Bumble and Bumble. Brands on this list that are cruelty free are notated with a '*'.
The criteria I use to determine if a brand is cruelty free are the following:
- Don't test finished products or ingredients on animals.
- Don't have suppliers who test on animals.
- Don't allow any third parties to test on animals on their behalf.
- Don't sell cosmetics in physical store in mainland China.
- Don't test on animals where required by law.
Animal Testing Policy
At a Glance
- Finished products tested on animals: No
- Ingredients tested on animals: No
- Third party animal testing: No
- Tested on animals where required by law: Yes
- Sold in mainland China: Yes
- Certifications: None
- Parent company: None. They are the parent company.
- Parent company status: N/A
Estée Lauder and their sub-companies test on animals. If you would still like me to make individual posts on each of the brands that are not cruelty free that Estée Lauder owns, I can make these in the future. The ones that are cruelty free will for sure have a post at some point in the future. If you would love cruelty free alternatives check out the cruelty-free full brand list and drugstore guides.