For today's Is (BLANK) Cruelty Free? I'm going to be focusing on the brand KKW Beauty. Which is Kim Kardashian West's makeup brand. I'm not a huge Kardashian fan, never have been. That doesn't mean I don't respect them for building huge emperors. I am of the mindset that you have to love makeup to own a beauty line, and honestly I don't feel that from Kim. Sure she wears makeup that is put onto her by Mario, but from what I've seen she doesn't overly love it. And that sort of reflects in her new brand from what I've seen. I have not tried any of her products as frankly they look cheaply made but with a high price tag due to her name. But makeup aside, let's focus in on the animal testing policy for KKW Beauty.
The criteria I use to determine if a brand is cruelty free are the following:
- Don't test finished products or ingredients on animals.
- Don't have suppliers who test on animals.
- Don't allow any third parties to test on animals on their behalf.
- Don't sell cosmetics in physical store in mainland China.
- Don't test on animals where required by law.
Animal Testing Policy
KKW Beauty does not include any information about their animal testing policy nor which international companies they sell to. They only state that all their products are exclusively sold on kkwbeauty.com. You also have to read through all the FAQ just to find their contact email as it's not very easy to find. I did reach out to them and this is the response that I received.
At a Glance
- Finished products tested on animals: No
- Ingredients tested on animals: No
- Third party animal testing: No
- Tested on animals where required by law: No
- Sold in mainland China: No
- Certifications: None
- Parent company: None
- Parent company status: N/A
KKW Beauty is cruelty free and are available exclusively on their website.