For today's Is (BLANK) Cruelty Free? I'm going to be focusing on the brand Make Up For Ever. They are a French brand owned by LVMH (Louis Vuitton / Moët Hennessy) which is sold at Sephora and used by many theater and makeup artists alike. But are they cruelty free? That is what I wanted to find out and share with you.
The criteria I use to determine if a brand is cruelty free are the following:
- Don't test finished products or ingredients on animals.
- Don't have suppliers who test on animals.
- Don't allow any third parties to test on animals on their behalf.
- Don't sell cosmetics in physical store in mainland China.
- Don't test on animals where required by law.
Animal Testing Policy
You cannot find any information about Make Up For Ever's animal testing policy or if they are vegan on their website. They merely require that you send them an email inquiring about it. So I did reach out to them to see about getting that information.
At a Glance
- Finished products tested on animals: No
- Ingredients tested on animals: No
- Third party animal testing: No
- Tested on animals where required by law: Yes
- Sold in mainland China: Yes
- Certifications: None (On Peta's "Do Test" list)
- Parent company: LVMH
- Parent company status: Cruelty-free, but they own brands who are not
Make Up For Ever is not cruelty free.