For today's Is (BLANK) Cruelty Free? I'm going to be focusing on the brand NYX Cosmetics or NYX Professional Makeup. I love this brand and have basically one of everything or more in my makeup collection. I started getting a lot of their products after watching the NYX Face Awards the year Mykie/Glam & Gore was in the competition. And have continued to use their products after becoming cruelty free only as they are cruelty free! So let's dive into the tea and check out their animal testing policy.
The criteria I use to determine if a brand is cruelty free are the following:
- Don't test finished products or ingredients on animals.
- Don't have suppliers who test on animals.
- Don't allow any third parties to test on animals on their behalf.
- Don't sell cosmetics in physical store in mainland China.
- Don't test on animals where required by law.
Animal Testing Policy
At a Glance
- Finished products tested on animals: No
- Ingredients tested on animals: No
- Third party animal testing: No
- Tested on animals where required by law: No
- Sold in mainland China: No
- Certifications: PETA
- Parent company: L'Oreal
- Parent company status: Not cruelty-free
The NYX Cosmetics is cruelty free. You can find their products on their website, Ulta, or Target.