For today's Is (BLANK) Cruelty Free? I'm going to be focusing on the brand Pretty Vulgar, which is revelantly new at Sephora and I have been dying to try. Their makeup is vintage inspired and I would place their product price point in the mid-range alongside brands like Tarte, Anastasia Beverly Hill, and Kat Von D Beauty.
The criteria I use to determine if a brand is cruelty free are the following:
- Don't test finished products or ingredients on animals.
- Don't have suppliers who test on animals.
- Don't allow any third parties to test on animals on their behalf.
- Don't sell cosmetics in physical store in mainland China.
- Don't test on animals where required by law.
Animal Testing Policy
At a Glance
- Finished products tested on animals: No
- Ingredients tested on animals: No
- Third party animal testing: No
- Tested on animals where required by law: No
- Sold in mainland China: No. However, some packaging material is purchased from China.
- Certifications: PETA
- Parent company: None
- Parent company status: N/A
Pretty Vulgar is cruelty free! You can find their products on their official website, Sephora online, or in select Sephora stores.