This post may contain affiliate or referral codes. Please help support the blog by using them!
It’s officially 2017! And time for another monthly favorites. This month is going to be filled of creativity and personal development. As I don’t typically make resolutions since those ultimately fail plus you don’t need a start of a new year to make a change in your life, I’m not going to make any. But I do have to say one phrase that’s going to be my motto for the year, “No more survival, only living!” Now you may be wondering what that means. I feel like 2016, I just kept getting stuck in this trap of just surviving instead of living. I was just taking to make it month to month financially and not fixing the issues so I could actually stop worrying. That doesn’t mean it will be easy to switch but something seriously needs to be changed as what I’m doing currently isn’t working. My body also went into hardcore survival mode as I wasn’t taking care of it. I ate all my calories in one meal and then my body just held onto everything. I also went from being moderately active to almost sedentary due to work. So I need to spread my meals out. In turn this should change how my body handles things. I also gained quite a bit of weight so I need to start working out to help stop this survival mode. Another thing is I also just stopped living life. I can’t think of the last time I did anything other than work. For either my two jobs, blogs or YouTube channel. None of it was just for my enjoyment anymore. I haven’t gone out or done anything socially in ages. So that was survival life mode, and now I really want to switch to just living. Enjoying every day for whatever it brings. So 2017 it’s “No more survival, only living!” And since this is not a resolution but a motto to follow, there’s no way it can fail. I just have to strive to be healthier in all areas of my life. Yeah… I’ll keep you updated on how it goes.
- Go through my makeup collection and get rid/donate products I do not use. I have done this and completely reorganized my entire collection. I also did the same with my hair, bath, and skincare items in their representative homes.
- Take some game development courses online. I did not get around to doing this mainly because I didn’t have the time.
- Continue playing around with making makeup product, and find a product I enjoy. This has been put on the back burner for the meantime. Some day I might return to this product as I had so much fun doing this when I did my DIY Rainbow highlighter and creating my own lip balm.
- Finish catching up with Once Upon a Time. I have completely caught up with everything on Netflix, and I loved that season!
- Make Christmas cookies and Red Velvet cake. I attempted to make some but they did not turn out good at all.
- Go see some Christmas lights around Minnesota. I didn’t see as many lights as I would have loved to but I did enjoy the ones that I saw.
- Decorate the entire house for Christmas. Done! I don’t want to put any of the items away but it’s time to do so. Christmas is over.
- Finish working on nerdy blog so it can launch by end of month. There will be an announcement for when this launches on my Twitter. Our blog is lived at Rose & Mae! I have been posting on this whenever I feel like it which is something I’ve really enjoyed. It’s also fun to do this with my roommate rather than just doing it by myself.
- Get better lights/microphone for YouTube videos. I did get some lights and I’m sort of loving it but I’m going to save up for a better set up.
- Create another photo pack.
- Revamp budget for 2017.
- Prepare lunches for every day, so I don’t go out to lunch at all while working downtown.
- Start working out at home at least once a week.
- Go snowboarding.
- Teach Pixie a new trick.
- Go through closet and donate any clothing item that hasn’t been worn in a year or more.
- Go skating.
What are your goals for this month?