I mentioned in one of my recent blog posts that I have been going through my makeup collection and getting rid of things that I don’t use or don’t love. I’ve been deceasing my collection for a little while and have already parted with a bunch. But I thought I would sit down and go over just some of the things that I’m parting ways with for one reason or another. A large portion of this I’m going to be tossing since they are expired or heavily used in the past so it wouldn’t be right to give it to a donation center. I might do a few of these in the future, but today I’m focusing just on the eyeshadow palettes.
Eyeshadows last anywhere from 1 to 2 years, but can go bad before then. You’re supposed to watch out for waxy build up, discoloration, or changes in smell. And I do try to push my eyeshadows to their limits. And some of them I’ve still held onto even though they probably went way past that point. So it’s time to get rid of them. ‘Cause that’s not good for your skin or eyes. So enough is enough, it’s time for them to go. If I want them again in the future, I’ll just repurchase them. And some of these I honestly might repurchase.
Disclaimer: If any of the palettes I’m getting rid of are not saying you can’t use them or they won’t work for you. Most of these I just don’t touch and my collection just needs to be downsized to work better for me. There are some that didn’t work out for me, but again they could work for you. If they do, lucky! I wish they worked for me.
Here is the list of everything I’m saying goodbye to:
- Makeup Revolution Chocolate Palettes. These I already got rid of but I had basically all of the Makeup Revolution chocolate palettes since I couldn’t wear the Too Faced Chocolate Palettes due to skin allergies. But they are just so chalky and not the same quality as everything else in my collection so why keep them around just for that… especially when other palettes can do the exact same thing.
- Tarte Tartelette Original Palette. This was the first ever non-drugstore palette that I’ve ever purchased. And honestly it’s never been one that I reach for and it’s just been sitting in my collection since I purchased it. So the palette is around 4 or 5 years old… which is way past the expiration and I don’t use it so it’s got to go.
- Urban Decay Naked Palettes. The second ever non-drugstore palette that I got. And like the previous palette, it’s around 4 or 5 years old. But unlike that palette, I heavily used this palette. A few shadows have actually reached pan, which is the first palette I have that I could say that about. But it’s super old and I have other natural or nude palettes that I can use. Plus I don’t reach for this anymore. But that’s just the original palette, I have all of them and honestly I don’t reach for any of them these days. I did really love these shadows and would get these palettes in the future… but considering I have other palettes that do the same thing I’m saying goodbye to all of these. I am holding onto the Heat palette since that one is newer and I do reach for that palette. But it’s the only Naked Series palette I’m keeping for the time being.
- L.A. Girl Eye Lux Palettes. I used these like crazy when I first got these but no longer reach for them. And like everything else I have other things, I have other palettes that have these tones. Plus they are on that border of expiration date. And haven’t touched them since the first few months I got them.
- Wet n Wild Not a Basic Peach Palette. This palette I reviewed just the other day but I like only three shadows from this 10 pan palette and all of them I have the exact same shades in other palettes. I have used this palette quite a bit so I wouldn’t feel comfortable donating this palette. I am going to offer it to my sister or mom and see if they would like it more. But it’s not going to be living in my collection any more.
- Milani Everyday Eyes Eyeshadow Palette in Bare Necessities. This is a palette that I had in my “to be reviewed” box for around two months now. And honestly after I wore it like two times, I really didn’t love it. I got this palette on the recommendation from Tati (Glam Life Guru) who is always recommending it when talking about drugstore palettes. In the last month, I think she’s mentioned it like three times already maybe even more. But no, I couldn’t stand this palette. There was no pigmentation and it just crumbled all over my face. And the fall out was insane to a point where I couldn’t stand it. Some fall out is fine but fall out everywhere and not being able to get pigment on my lids is just not good in my books. I cleaned out my sister’s makeup collection of all of the expired palettes and gave her most of these I’m getting rid of including this one. Since she honestly doesn’t care about shadow quality and maybe she can get better use from this palette than I can. I would rather reach for a ColourPop palette over this one.
- Urban Decay Full Spectrum. When I started to get into colorful makeup, I got the Urban Decay Full Spectrum palette and used it maybe once or twice. And very soon there after got the NYX Bright palette and have been using that ever since. So I’m getting rid of this palette that is just taking up space.
- Wet n Wild Au Naturel Bare Necessities. I got this palette four years ago as a dupe for the Urban Decay Naked original palette. And have not reached for it since considering I had the original naked palette. Since it just didn’t perform the same as that one.
- Tarte Holiday Collections from 2016 and 2017. While I do love Tarte eyeshadows especially the In Bloom palette, these things are just massive and take up a lot of space. And honestly after the first month or two of having each I don’t touch them at all. These sadly had a six month expiration so I will not be donating them but I might still offer them to my sister since I got rid of almost all of her palettes since they were five years old.
And that’s everything. It’s cut my collection literally in half so I can organize my little makeup area and see products that have been hiding for a long time. Not going to lie, I honestly thought all those items were lost but in reality they were just behind all of the massive palettes that I couldn’t find them. Including my favorite blushes and highlighters. Still not sure how to organize that space better so it doesn’t happen again since I know I’ll be getting more palettes in the future. But at least all of the expired products are gone so I don’t have to deal with them anymore.
Next I need to go through my liquid lipsticks and get rid of ones that I don’t wear or touch. I have a lot of ColourPop ones and I wear practically the same shades all of the time and never touch the crazy colors. Now don’t get me wrong, I am not getting rid of my Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipsticks that are crazy colors since I can use them as eyeliners or other face things. But the ColourPop ones can for sure be taken down a bit, and I’m sure there are expired ones in there. I don’t think I’m going to do a post on that but let me know if it is something you would be curious in seeing.
Join the Howl of the Pack today by subscribing! Or support this blog over on Patreon so I can continue to put out quality content for you! To stay updated on everything I’m doing, follow me on Twitter as that’s where I post quick updates. Also, if you like this post, let me know in the comment section, it really helps me figure out what content you guys appreciate. Don’t be shy I would love to hear from you!
This post may contain affiliate or referral codes. Please help support the blog by using them!