This post may contain affiliate or referral codes, for which I receive a small compensation and you get a discount in exchange. These help support the blog, so I can keep creating content. I appreciate your support.
Next up in this dream palette series, I’m making a palette inspired by Alice: Madness Returns. This game is a darker version of Alice in Wonderland. In which Alice has gone mad following her family’s death in a fire which she initially believes she was responsive for. Alice is 19 and living at an orphanage in Victorian London under the care of Dr. Bumby. Who uses hypnosis to help his child patients forget their memories. Alice refuses to give up on what happened to her family and begins to hallucinate of Wonderland. Which has become corrupted by an outside force with the use of an Infernal Train.
As I mentioned in my previous posts in this series, I got this idea from Leesha on YouTube. And used one of Dose of Colours palettes as my template as you can probably tell since I didn’t fully blur out the name in the brush.
Going into my palette, I did name each of them shades based on things from the series:
- Liddell (NYX Hot Single Shadow in Whipped Cream): This shade is named after Alice’s family as that is her last name.
- Rutledge (ColourPop Individual Pressed Shadow in Hop On): The name of the asylum Alice is treated at after her family are killed by a fire.
- Infernal Train (ColourPop Individual Pressed Shadow in 20 Something): This is a corrupting force in Wonderland being controlled by the Dollmaker.
- Londerland (ColourPop Individual Pressed Shadow in Backstage): The combined reality of London and Wonderland that Alice resides in after stopping the Dollmaker with his Infernal Train.
- Dollmaker (ColourPop Individual Pressed Shadow in Let’s Do It): Dr. Bumby’s identity in Wonderland who has been turning children into “blank toys” to be sold to molesters. He also is the one who started the fire that killed the Liddell family, to conceal the fact that he raped Alice’s sister Lizzie (Elizabeth).
What colors would you have used for an Alice: Madness Returns palette? Or what video game would you like to see next?
Join the Howl of the Pack today by subscribing! Or support this blog over on Patreon so I can continue to put out quality content for you! To stay updated on everything I’m doing, follow me on Twitter as that’s where I post quick updates. Also, if you like this post, let me know in the comment section, it really helps me figure out what content you guys appreciate. Don’t be shy I would love to hear from you!