This post may contain affiliate or referral codes, for which I receive a small compensation and you get a discount in exchange. These help support the blog, so I can keep creating content.
Next up in this dream palette series, I’m going to a series I have a love/hate relationship with. Love Mass Effect 2 and would rank it as one of my all-time favorite games, and Mass Effect 3 which I refuse to play or touch with a ten foot pole. Maybe one day I’ll go past the opening sequence, but today is not that day. If you have never played Mass Effect, it is an action RGP third-person shooter video game developed by BioWare. The first three games in the series follow Commander Shepard, whose mission in all of the games is to save the galaxy from powerful mechanical beings known as the Reapers. The Reapers have been away for 50,000 years and are determined to wipe out all sentient organic life in the galaxy as part of a recurrent cycle of genocide that Shepard is tasked to break in one of three ways. The fact that you have to pick one of three and not just get one of them as a result is another reason I won’t play Mass Effect 3.
As I mentioned in my previous post in this series, I got this idea from Leesha on YouTube. And used one of Dose of Colours palettes as my template as you can probably tell since I didn’t fully blur out the name in the brush.
Going into my palette, I did name each of them shades based on things from the series:
- Renegade (ColourPop Individual Shadow in Fortune Cookie): Named after one of the two moralities in the series, the renegades are represented by red in every game and are decisions based off what is easy or morally questionable. Where the ends justify the means.
- Paragon (NYX Prismatic Shadow in Frostbite): Named after one of the two moralities in the series, the paragons are represented by blue in every game and are decisions based off what is morally sound or just.
- Cerberus (ColourPop Individual Shadow in Take Flight): This shadow is named after the group called Cerberus who brings Commander Shepard back to life in Mass Effect 2.
- Normandy (ColourPop Individual Shadow in Game Changer): Named after the ship commanded by Shepard in the first three games of the series.
- Reapers (ColourPop Individual Shadow in Night Dream): I already went into the reapers during the intro and since they play so much into the games, I had to include a shade named after them.
What do you think of the “dream” Mass Effect palette? What shades would you put into the palette inspired by this video game series?
Join the Howl of the Pack today by subscribing! Or support this blog over on Patreon so I can continue to put out quality content for you! To stay updated on everything I’m doing, follow me on Twitter as that’s where I post quick updates. Also, if you like this post, let me know in the comment section, it really helps me figure out what content you guys appreciate. Don’t be shy I would love to hear from you!
Love the colors!
Thank you, it took a few tries to make it unique enough to represent the elements of the game but also worked well together.