This post may contain affiliate or referral codes. Please help support the blog by using them!
Last palette I’m doing in the dream palette series is inspired by Smile Rancher. This game is just so freaking cute. It takes place on a faraway planet and you play as a player named Beatrix LeBeau who starts a ranch from the ground up. But you’re not raising cattle or chickens but instead slimes of various sizes and characteristics. After feeding slimes you will receive plorts that can be exchanged for the planet’s currency to purchase upgrades, equipment, and buildings. Slimes can be combined with another but three different characteristics cause corruption, turning the once cute slime into an aggressive malevolent black slime called Tarr which devours other slimes. The types of slimes include: Pink, Phosphor, Tabby, Quantum, Honey, Puddle, Tangle, Saber, Hunter, Dervish, Rock, Fire, Boom, Crystal, Mosaic, Rad, Gold, and Lucky. The larger slimes are referred to as Gordos.
As I mentioned in my previous posts in this series, I got this idea from Leesha on YouTube. And used one of Dose of Colours palettes as my template as you can probably tell since I didn’t fully blur out the name in the brush.
Going into my palette, I did name each of them shades based on things from the series:
- Rad Honey (ColourPop Individual Shadow in Deja Boo): A combination slime of rad and honey.
- Gordo Phosphor (ColourPop Individual Shadow in Two to Mango): A large version of the Phosphor slime that can only be seen in caves or at night.
- Pink Tabby (ColourPop Individual Shadow in Lay Low): A combination slime of pink and tabby.
- Mosaic Saber (NYX Prismatic Shadow in Gilded): A combination slime of mosaic and saber.
- Crystal Hunter (ColourPop Individual Shadow in Formation): A combination slime of crystal and hunter.
What colors would you have used for a Smile Rancher palette?
Join the Howl of the Pack today by subscribing! Or support this blog over on Patreon so I can continue to put out quality content for you! To stay updated on everything I’m doing, follow me on Twitter as that’s where I post quick updates. Also, if you like this post, let me know in the comment section, it really helps me figure out what content you guys appreciate. Don’t be shy I would love to hear from you!