This post may contain affiliate or referral codes, for which I receive a small compensation and you get a discount in exchange. These help support the blog, so I can keep creating content. I appreciate your support.
Next up in this dream palette series, I’m making a palette inspired by a game that I have been really enjoying over the course of the last year. That being Subnautica, which also just released in early access a follow up or standalone expansion to the first game called Subnautica: Below Zero. In Subnautica, you play as the lone survivor of the Aurora on an unknown alien plant called 4546B. You have to survive in the underwater open-world and attempt to escape the planet. In order to do so you need to cure yourself and the planet from a disease known as Kharaa. I won’t give too many spoilers as I seriously enjoy the game and think it’s something that should be experienced through exploration.
As I mentioned in my previous posts in this series, I got this idea from Leesha on YouTube. And used one of Dose of Colours palettes as my template as you can probably tell since I didn’t fully blur out the name in the brush.
Going into my palette, I did name each of them shades based on things from the series:
- Cuddlefish (NYX Hot Single Shadow in STFU): Named after a cute creature you can get in the game that will follow you around and you can interact with. They are insanely cute and you can only get a max of four during your exploration. If you want to know where to find them, I have done a post previously on this.
- Alterra (ColourPop Individual Shadow in Formation): Named after the company the ship your character belonged to, and your character in Below Zero works for.
- Degasi (ColourPop Individual Shadow in Quantum Sleep): This shadow is named after the previous ship that crash landed on planet 4546B prior to the Aurora. You can find three of their bases during exploration.
- Leviathan (ColourPop Individual Shadow in Bratty): Named after the fauna class in Subnautica that has some friendly and insanely dangerous creatures. Some of them include: Reaper Leviathan, Ghost Leviathan, Emperor Leviathan, and Sea Dragon Leviathan. If you want to know more about these creatures, check out my comparison post I did around the initial launch of the game.
- Precursor (ColourPop Individual Shadow in Deja Boo): This one is named after the race that lived on planet 4546B before the outbreak of Kharaa Bacterium. They were researching the virus trying to find a cure for it and put the planet into quarantine after the outbreak to prevent it from spreading elsewhere. They also built the warpers to destroy anything that was infected with it.
What do you think of the “dream” Subnautica palette? What shades would you put into the palette inspired by this video game series?
Join the Howl of the Pack today by subscribing! Or support this blog over on Patreon so I can continue to put out quality content for you! To stay updated on everything I’m doing, follow me on Twitter as that’s where I post quick updates. Also, if you like this post, let me know in the comment section, it really helps me figure out what content you guys appreciate. Don’t be shy I would love to hear from you!