This post may contain affiliate or referral codes, for which I receive a small compensation and you get a discount in exchange. These help support the blog, so I can keep creating content. I appreciate your support.
It’s my birthday month! Can’t believe I’m spending another birthday in quarantine. Maybe next year, we’ll be free again. Since we’re entering another month, I thought I would share my goals for this month and revisit the ones I made for the previous month.
April 2021 Goals Revisited
Well, I was completely wrong on what I would end up reading. I thought A Crown of Gilded Bones by Jennifer L. Armentrout would pretty much be the only thing I would read… and this is the most books I’ve read so far this year. Here is everything that I managed to read:
- A Deal with the Elf King by Elise Kova (3.75 out of 5 stars)
- Rhapsodic by Laura Thalassa (4 out of 5 stars) – Read 3 times
- A Strange Hymn by Laura Thalassa (4 out of 5 stars) – Read 3 times
- Dark Harmony by Laura Thalassa (3.75 out of 5 stars) – Read 3 times
- The Emperor of Evening Stars by Laura Thalassa (3.25 out of 5 stars) – Read 2 times
- A Crown of Gilded Bones by Jennifer L. Armentrout (4.25 out of 5 stars) – Read 2 times
- A Touch of Darkness by Scarlett St. Clair (3.75 out of 5 stars)
- A Touch of Ruin by Scarlett St. Clair (3.75 out of 5 stars)
- A Game of Fate by Scarlett St. Clair (3.5 out of 5 stars)
So, that’s seventeen books if you count the re-reads. Almost all of these I read in a day. One thing I did notice this month with reading is most of these books had editing errors. Which I found a bit odd that every single book I read had some type of error. Not to the point where reading them was bad but enough where I was like “what is going on?” I also shelved Lightbringer by Claire Legrand (the final book in The Empirium Trilogy) for now. I just couldn’t bring myself to return to finishing that series.
Work was crazy this month, so I didn’t get to stream as much as I normally do. One of my big projects is going to be finished in a week, and another is wrapping up in May. But I didn’t really have high expectations for streaming this month because I knew that was going to be a thing. This also zapped my energy when it came to working out… so that is being postponed until the projects are over.
Oh, I also watched Falcon & the Winter Solider and Shadow and Bones series. Both were really good! I loved them. Wasn’t a goal, but I felt like I should share that. I also finished playing Luigi’s Mansion 3 for the first time, that was a lot of fun. My mom got it for me back at Christmas, but this last month is when I really got to play/finish it on stream.
May 2021 Goals
My goals for May are fairly simple:
- Finish the two major work projects.
- Return to streaming on Twitch with a schedule/regularly. I’m hoping to mainly play Dragon Age: Origins, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and Subnautica: Below Zero but I might mix in some other things.
- Launch Merch on my Shop page.
- I don’t really have any reading goals. I’m just going to grab things off my shelf as I’m in the mood for them, then write posts. I’m not going to set anything specific for myself to read. Removing that from myself in April kind of helped considering how much I ended up reading. Never know, I might end up reading only a handful.
- One of my main goals in May is to get my final COVID-19 vaccine shot. It’s already scheduled for May 8th, so that’s coming up real soon.
What are your goals for May or 2021?
Join the Howl of the Pack today by subscribing! To stay updated on everything I’m doing, follow me on Twitter as that’s where I post quick updates. Or join our Discord server. Also, if you like this post, let me know in the comment section, it really helps me figure out what content you guys appreciate. Don’t be shy I would love to hear from you!