Instead of going through every book I’ve read so far for my mid-year reading wrap up, I decided to focus on the ones with the highest ratings. Especially since I’ve read so many books this year. Each of these books received four stars or above, indicating that they were among the best books I’ve ever read. I couldn’t put any of these books down and found them to be excellent. However, because it is on a.25 increment scale, there is a range within it, with some reaching closer to five stars than others.
These are by no means in order from highest rank to lowest. Merely the order in which I read them, though I reorganized series to be together. If you want to see my opinions on any of these books, please check out the linked reviews.
- Once Upon a Broken Heart series by Stephanie Garber
- A Cage of Crystal (Prophecy of the Forgotten Fae, Book 2) by Tessonja Odette – 4.25 stars
- On Twisting Tides (From Tormented Tides, Book 2) by Val E. Lane – 4.25 stars
- The Broken Kingdoms series by LJ Andrews – 4 stars
- Den of Blades and Briars, Book 7
- Reign of Stars and Fire, Book 8)
- Bloodmarked (Legendborn, Book 2) by Tracy Deonn – 4.5 stars
- Nightborn Duet in the Crowns of Nyaxia Series by Carissa Broadbent – 4.25 stars
- The Serpent and the Wings of Night, Book 1
- The Ashes and the Star-Cursed King, Book 2
- Fourth Wing (The Empyrean, Book 1) by Rebecca Yarros – 4.5 stars
- This Gilded Abyss (This Gilded Abyss, Book 1) by Rebecca Throne – 4 stars
Disclaimer: I did receive the books from Val E. Lane and Tessonja Odette has advanced reader copies (ARC). But that did not change/influence my opinion on either book.
What have been the best books you’ve read so far this year?
Join the Howl of the Pack today by subscribing! To stay updated on everything I’m doing, follow me on Twitter as that’s where I post quick updates. Or join our Discord server. Also, if you like this post, let me know in the comment section, it really helps me figure out what content you guys appreciate. Don’t be shy I would love to hear from you!