Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Eyeshadow Palette Review
When I first saw this palette I was insanely excited for it, but it kept selling out before I could get my hands on it. But finally this last time I managed to get my hands on the Morphe x Jaclyn Hill eyeshadow palette. Which is like the perfect everyday palette. I'm probably going to be leaving this palette out on my counter to use it every day. Jaclyn took two years to perfect this palette and it honestly shows in the shadows. The palette has 35 shades for $38 plus shipping/handling with 1.98 oz of product in each pan. Originally they had the name on the plastic sheet from what I saw from people who got the first batches. But that was not included in mine palette so I had to reference the PDF Morphe has on there website to insert the names during the swatching section of my video.
First Impression, Tutorial, and Swatching Video
Swatches (Finger and Brush)
I know I did this in the video already but I wanted to do them once more and take a picture of each swatch. As I wanted to do have them in a better light since I filmed this at night and my camera didn't adjust the color correctly. I tried to fix the color in editing, but some of them still weren't perfect thus the second round of swatches in natural light. Of course, I did the swatches with both a brush and my finger as I wanted to make them as true as possible. I go back and forth on my opinion of finger swatches as they aren't honest since not everything you apply with your fingers. Contour, highlight, blush, eyeshadows, etc. However for lid colors I sometimes do use my fingers so that's why I really go back and forth on them. So if you're like me, I love when you get to see both to see the difference. So without further ado here are the swatches for a second time.
Each photo is one of the column the top swatch is the finger one and the bottom is by brush.
Descriptions of Shades From Jaclyn Hill
I am the worst at describing colors. Give me paint and I can recreate it, but don't have me try to describe it. So here are the descriptions from Jaclyn Hill that was published on Morphe's website for the eyeshadow palette. Which is basically from her video where she introduced the palette.
- Enlight: An out-of-this-world, universal shade for brow bone and inner shadow magic.
- Beam: Amp things up with this frosted version of Enlight, it’s great for deeper skin tones.
- Silk Crème: Your transitional, creamy-matte crease color with yellow undertones.
- M.F.E.O: Peach, matte and cool: made for each other (hence the name)
- Faint: Love this princess shade. No matter how fair skin you are, this fiercely frosty shade goes great all over the lid.
- Sissy: For the rose-gold queens out there, this super-girly shade was named after my sister.
- Little Lady: Confession: I call my sister ‘little lady’ and this is her second fave color. Perfect to rock at the office since it’s not too gold or out there. It’s the perfect shimmery wash of neutral.
- Creamsicle: OB-SESSED with this flattering yet daring color. Pop it into the crease to make the color of your eye’s pop.
- Butter: Super creamy with a warm, terracotta undertone makes this an amazing shade for your crease color.
- Pooter: For those of you not comfortable with super warm colors, this neutral chestnut shade, named after an inside family joke, is for you.
- Pukey: Yes, I named a color Pukey. My favorite matte color in the whole palette. SO creamy. SO pigmented. The ultimate warm brown.
- Hunts: Linda made this daring, boldly blendable shade happen. I love it because…it’s perfect. The creamiest shade in the palette. My fave shade of all-time.
- Firework: Dare I say this is the most shimmering shade? It’s great for all over the lid and for creating a warm, smoky eye. Partner it up with any of the matte orange shades.
- Queen: The perfect gold. I have nothing else to say.
- Obsessed: I was looking to create a shade for the perfect smoky eye. This took forever to get right, but it’s perfect and I’m totally, you guessed it, Obsessed.
- S.B.N.: One of my most-used, all-over-lid colors is this deep, pinky-bronze shade. It creates the perfect, smoky but natural look. S.B.N…N.B.D.
- Hillster: God, I love this color all over the lid or on lower lash line. I wanted a good range in this palette, and this is the deepest warm shimmer we have to offer.
- Roxanne: I named this after myself (my middle name is Roxanne). That may be narcissistic, but I don’t care. My subscribers know this is my favorite color in the world. I honestly use it every day on lower lash line or outer crease.
- Jacz: An actual burgundy with great color payoff. These high-pigmented mattes go through lots of rounds to make them this super creamy.
- Buns: This is Linda’s favorite crease color, but it took some time for it to grow on me. We removed it from the palette at least 5 times. I hated it at first, but now…obsessed. It’s a great everyday neutral shade for all skin tones.
- Cranapple: A true cranberry shade perfect for all over the lid.
- Royalty: I love it so much. The purplest of purples. A badass purple. No undertones. Just shimmery purple (I had to create one) that’s great to layer.
- Twerk: The reason this color is in the palette? I hate blue. I wanted to be able to wear an awesome shade of blue and this is it. Bold, fun and totally wearable with major wow factor.
- Hustle: For those of you not into warm shades, this is 100% cool with gunmetal, purple undertones.
- Meeks: The best bronze out there (and named after one of my best friends, because that girl loves her bronze). Not too metallic, and all ages can rock it whether you’re 14 or 40.
- 24/7: Completely different formula than the rest of the palette: pressed glitter, baby. Apply with finger, or a very wet brush, for a sophisticated, fresh-from-the-runway look.
- Chip: I use this shade all the time to smoke out outer corner and lower lash line. Creamy, smooth and highly pigmented. Win, win, win.
- Mocha: SO chocolatey and super warm, perfect for deepening any eye look.
- Pool Party: My favorite pop of color ever! Beautiful turquoise with flecks of glitter may seem over the top, but it’s not. It’s super wearable (just like a swimsuit).
- Jada: Named after my niece since this is her fave color in the whole world. Very similar to Pool Party, but with a matte spin.
- Diva: Bye-bye Christmassy green shades. I so wanted green in this palette, but a neutral one to wear all over lids and layer with warm reds…and not make you think of Santa.
- Enchanted: This deep, matte green is Diva’s (and all the other green shades) partner in crime.
- Central Park: I wanted every woman and man to have the option of a cool, matte brown.
- Soda Pop: We were so excited to get this color perfect. So deep and so dark. You almost think it’s black, but it’s purple. And one of the most complementary shades for any eye color.
- Abyss: Matte and black as hell. One of the blackest blacks I’ve seen. So hard to make black rock, but we did it.
Talc, Mica, Kaolin, Dimethicone, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Capryl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin. May contain: Isononyl Isononanoate, Isostearyl Isostearate, Nylon-12, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Iron Oxide Black (CI77499), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI77491), Hydrated Chromium Oxide Green (CI77289), Ultramarine Blue (CI77007), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI77510), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI77288), Manganese Violet (CI77742), FD&C Red 40 AI Lake (CI16035), FD&C Yellow 5 AI Lake (CI19140), FD&C Blue 1 AI Lake (CI42090).
I absolutely love this palette! I can for sure see myself reaching for this palette all of the time and will probably just have a permanent home on my bathroom counter rather than in my makeup collection drawers. These shadows blend so beautifully and are hella pigmented, which I love! Plus I love how there is a variety of colors that I can dip into to create any look I want to. I seriously recommend this palette, so if you would like it yourself I wish you the best of luck trying to get a hold of it before it gets sold out. That is if they release another round of it. So may the odds be ever in your favor. If you already have this palette, what is your favorite color from it? I'm leaning towards Hillster or Jacz at the moment.