I love a cozy game. Those games that you just throw on for a relaxing time that don’t require a lot of brain power. Or they could if you really wanted to push things, but for the most part, it’s just a chill time. So, I thought I would go through the games I turn to when I want to play something chill.
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons: You run a little island with ten villagers with daily chores to do. You can go on it for a really quick trip to check up on things or spend hours doing whatever your heart desires. When I want just chill background music, I usually play something from this game or go visit the museum in-game. The aquarium is perfect for that. Plus, you have the little fishes swimming around.
- Disney Dreamlight Valley: Similar to Animal Crossing but instead of running an island, you manage a valley filled with Disney characters. There’s an overall plot and quests for each character on top of daily chores like there are in Animal Crossing.
- Stardew Valley: Your grandpa left you a farm, and you get to run it. There are tons you can do in the game, and many different ways to play it. You can go for the overachiever route by trying to make the most money and do everything in the game. Or you can kick back and relax.
- The Sims (1-4): Build and design your own characters and houses. I have put so many hours into this game from Sims 2 to Sims 4. It’s one of the go-to games that I’ll just throw on when I want total freedom and the ability to be creative. I could easily spend hours designing a house.
- Slime Rancher: You collect and crossbreed slimes then use their poop (excuse me plorts) for currency. The game encourages you to play well beyond the official end and at that point, it’s just hanging out and do whatever you like.
- Bugsnax: You play as a character that is investigating an island where every creature is a snax. There are some darker elements/undertones to the game but overall it’s a really relaxing time.
- Stray: You play as a cat. There are points in the game where you can just rest and listen to the music, so it’s good for background music. The game even has an achievement for just resting in a place for two hours. There are some faster-paced moments, but for the most part, it’s just exploring the world as a cat.
What are your favorite cozy games?
Join the Howl of the Pack today by subscribing! To stay updated on everything I’m doing, follow me on Twitter as that’s where I post quick updates. Or join our Discord server. I do have a Patreon where I will be trying to give early access to things like YouTube videos or body paint looks. Also, if you like this post, let me know in the comment section, it really helps me figure out what content you guys appreciate. Don’t be shy I would love to hear from you!