This post may contain affiliate or referral codes, meaning I do receive a small compensation based off them. Which helps support the blog and continue bringing the you new content. I appreciate your support and if I have a code that helps save you money as well, those will be mentioned whenever applicable.
I’m half tempted to rename these from “My Week Through Reading, Music, and More” to “The Pop Culture Download.” Since that’s really more of what these are. Let me know what you think in the comments. Anyways, here’s everything that I’ve been enjoying or going through for the past week.
I finished watching the first season of The Society on Netflix. And I’m just as confused as I was when I started the show. Not doing a review, but here are a few more thoughts I’ve had while finishing up the show:
- Why didn’t they try to leave again? They made one attempt in the beginning where someone ended up dying from a snake bite, and then they all just called it a day. Sure they mention it six months later that they need to go out looking for supplies as they are running out of food, but nothing comes of it. Just we’re going to need to start a farm and brave the woods, and everyone just gets mad that Allie even suggests that they have to work. Y’all are going to be out of food, how can you all be so stubborn and spoiled?! Just farm. Try to survive, my goodness.
- Why does no one do anything to stop Campbell? Yeah Elle poisons a pie, but he gives it to the town. Granted he doesn’t know the pie is poisoned, but still. He forces her to go to the town Thanksgiving when she didn’t want to. And then behind the scenes he just works on turning the town against Allie.
- So, the parents knew the teenagers were going to be taken away. Why didn’t they explore that more or explain it better? They literally just show one of the parents reading a book and there’s a sign that says “We Remember Them” with all of the missing teens’ names.
These are songs that I discovered this week through shows, I’m positive I’ve heard these before in other shows but just refound them/added them to my music library:
- Anchor by Novao Amor
- Someone to You by BANNERS
- Indigo Puss (LAYLA Rework) by Sundara Karma
- Start a Riot by BANNERS
I was going to watch the sixth season of The 100 after finishing The Society, but instead I got sucked into watching The Royals. I kept seeing show recommended or at least clips of it on YouTube, so I decided to go watch the whole thing since it was available on Amazon Prime. There are four seasons, and so far I’ve only seen the first two. Brief summary, the show follows a fictional British royal family after the death of Prince Robert. I originally didn’t want to watch this show when it was first released as it was on E, and my sister watches everything on that channel. So, I thought it was something I wouldn’t be interested in. But boy was I wrong, this show is really interesting and I’m hooked.
Join the Howl of the Pack today by subscribing! Or support this blog over on Patreon so I can continue to put out quality content for you! To stay updated on everything I’m doing, follow me on Twitter as that’s where I post quick updates. Also, if you like this post, let me know in the comment section, it really helps me figure out what content you guys appreciate. Don’t be shy I would love to hear from you!