Is NARS Cruelty-Free?
I had something else planned for today but this needed to be made. NARS has left the cruelty-free world as they have decided to sell in China where animal testing is required. This is a brand that many people for years loved as they had the Orgasm blush that everyone had in their kit. They had some of my favorite products, but unfortunately they have decided to change their policy.
So bottom line: Is NARS cruelty free? Sadly, not anymore. They had long been known as one but some recent changes have occurred and NARS is no longer cruelty-free. While there is no animal testing occurring on NARS products or ingredients by NARS, or a parent company, NARS is going to start testing on animals when required by law.
I hope they change their mind in the future and pull out of the China market. But for the meantime that means I will no longer be using NARS products. As for the products that I do have, they were almost running out so I will just finish using them then never purchase from them again. Unless they return to being cruelty free. So I have updated my cruelty free pages to have them completely removed because of this change.
So you want to try NARS products but only use cruelty free products like me. Well here is a list of just some dupes that I could find. I also am putting JKissa's youtube video below as she had some as well. If you love NARS packaging, the closest just for packaging looks would be e.l.f. as they have the same minimalistic black packages with white lettering.
- If you love the iconic NARS Blushes, try cruelty free alternatives Urban Decay Afterglow Blushes, Tarte Amazonian Clay Blushes, or e.l.f. blushes.
- If you love NARS Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder, try the cruelty free alternative Milani Prep Set Glow Illuminating Transparent Powder.
- If you love NARS Foundations, try cruelty free alternatives like the Cover FX Vegan Foundation or Kat Von D Lock-It Vegan Foundation.
- If you love NARS Audacious Lipsticks, try the Urban Decay Vice Lipsticks or Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipsticks.
- If you love NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer, try the Kat Von D Lock-It Vegan Concealer, Urban Decay Naked Skin Vegan Concealer, Wet n Wild photofocus Concealer, or Tarte Shape Tape.
- If you love NARS Eyeshadows, try Makeup Geek Eyeshadows, Urban Decay Eyeshadows, or ColourPop Pressed Eyeshadows.
- If you love NARS Glosses, try the Jouer Lip Glosses.
Do you have any cruelty free dupes for NARS products? Let us know!