* I did receive these products for free in return for a review but all opinions on the products are my own. *
A little while ago I got an email from the co-founder of Nature Queen asking if I wanted to try out their shampoo and conditioner for free in exchange for a review. As much as I had been loving my current hair care system, my hair has recently decided to just out right hate it. Most likely from all the hair dye, stress, or poor diet I've been having recently. So I was intrigued to give it a go to see if maybe that would help bring new life to my hair.
About Nature Queen
This brand was created by a chemist who had been suffering from postpartum hair loss and saw little to no improve when she was trying a bunch of different products. Then her grandmother have her an ancient herbal hair rinse recipe and it made a dramatic difference. She noticed her hair was stronger, healthier, and significantly less hair loss. So she set out to create a formulation inspired by those ingredients that would be convevient for daily use. With that Nature Qeen was born. All ingredients are natural and the packaging is recyclable. Plus it is cruelty free so basically a win in every way!
Claims About the Formula
- Cleanse: Sodium-Lauryl-Sulfate-free cleanser gently cleanses without drying out your scalp or stripping your hair color.
- Reduce Hair Loss & Promote Hair Growth: Herbal extracts stimulate blood flow to hair follicles and balance the sebaceous glands, which reduces hair loss and promotes hair growth.
- Restore Shine & Volume: Argan oil and gleditsia extract lock in shine and moisture without weighing hair down, giving you shiny bouncy volumous hair.
- Detoxify: Natural antiradical antifungal properties protect hair against dandruff and environmental damages.
Results to Expect
- After One Use: You will experience the detoxificating effect immediately after just one use. Your hair will be light, manageable, and volumous.
- After One Week: You will notice the balancing effects on your scalp. Your scalp will be less oily or dry. You no longer have to wash your hair as often.
- After Two Weeks: If you look closely, you will see more baby hair. New growth are thicker and stronger.
- After One Month: Your hair will be stronger and less prone to breakage. You will see less and less hair falling off in each wash.
- With Continuous Usage: Your hair will become fuller and healthier after each use.
The Nine Herbal Ingredients
- Gleditsia Australis Fruit: Best known for promoting hair growth, restoring/balancing the sebaceous glands, and combating bacteria.
- Lemongrass: Helps strengthen hair follicles making it the ideal ingredient for those suffering from hair loss.
- Patchouli: Soothes and treats eczema, acne, chapped skin, oily skin, dermatitis, and dandruff. It is also known for its pH balancing properties (think of it as a toner for the scalp).
- Holy Basil: Those susceptible to thinning and brittle hair can expect to see an overall change to the composition of their tresses.
- Shyonak Tree: Ideal for open wounds as well as disorders commonly associated with dry scalps.
- Billy Goat Weed: Treats eczema and infected hair follicles (i.e. ingrown hairs).
- White Mulberry: This amazing antioxidant is also antibacterial, hypolipidemic, adipogenic, and neuroprotective.
- Indian Goosegrass: Promotes blood circulation to the hair follicles which increases hair growth.
- Kalmegh: Best known for its astringent and antibacterial properties. Kalmegh is also incredibly soothing on the scalp.
My hair has a lot of volume so that was never a concern of mine. But the fall out as of late as been horrible, not that you can tell looking at my hair since there's so much of it. But I'm getting tired of cleaning up all the hair after washing it. You can't really tell from the photos as my hair is currently super dark but my hair also felt coarse to the touch and running my fingers through my hair would result in a knot somewhere or met with at least one strand of hair that has fallen out. So anything that could help out with those two problems I would greatly appreciate.
So I've been using this product for about two weeks at this point, I'll post updates on this over the course of the next few weeks with how things are doing. I have seen a huge improvement using this product. My hair feels so much nicer and doesn't look as oily on the third day (I wash my hair normally on the third day). I still have fall out but they claim that doesn't start happening until a month after using. But so far everything is lining up with the claims so I'm really impressed. And I've re-dyed my hair since I started using Nature Queen Herbal Shampoo and Conditioner, and my hair still feels and looks healthy. It's amazing!
One thing I do have to note is don't
Before & After Pictures of My Hair
The image on the left is a photo of my hair from before using the product when I was only using Function of Beauty shampoo & conditioner. And the image on the right is Nature Queen Shampoo and Conditioner. Or if you're on mobile, it's most likely top and bottom. Ignore the fact that my hair is now black. I thought I would just refresh the color and well now I have black hair. Which I'm very on the fence about as it's not what I wanted. Plus my roots are the color I wanted, and the rest isn't. And I don't want to keep black hair color forever, so if you have tips on slowly getting rid of black hair without killing it I would so appreciate it. But that's not what we're talking about today so back to the review.
Though I ruined my hair color after dying it basically three times in two days, my hair is insanely touchable... if not more touchable than it was before I started using Nature Queen. And I would give credit to that 100% to Nature Queen as I was using this after the water turned clear. You can't really see the difference in the pictures other than my hair color being completely different. These were taking 10 days apart. So would I recommend this product? Yes I would! I'm going to continue using it and continue to provide updates on how my hair feels and how the fall out goes in a few weeks time. But I'm expecting it's all going to go great, and when these bottles run out I will be repurchasing using my own money. I haven't felt this good about how my hair felt since I was using Ovation but that cost so much more money and you have to use three different products every shower. So if my hair hadn't turned black, that would've been four products in the shower alone. Now I only need three... well two considering I'm not touching the hair color in hopes that it fades out gracefully so I can switch it back down the road.
So yeah, that's what I thought of Nature Queen Shampoo and Conditioner. Hope you all enjoyed it. If you would like to try Nature Queen Herbal Shampoo and Conditioner for yourself, check it out! The link is not affiliated so I get nothing for you checking it out or ordering for yourself. Nature Queen’s herbal shampoo and conditioner comes in two different sizes: the full size (16 oz) set retails for $39 and the travel TSA-approved size (3.4 oz) retails for $16. Alternatively, you can purchase the full size bottles separately at $20 each. And just to state it one more time, I did receive the products for free but the opinions expressed are completely my own.