Picking Random Makeup Colors AND Making Them Work Challenge #5
This has to be one of my favorite makeup challenges. And I just received some new eyeshadow brushes in the mail from Luxie Beauty so I thought I would give this challenge another attempt to sort of test out the brushes. I'm not sure my final thoughts on the brushes at this time but I will do a review of them in the future. For this attempt of the "Picking Random Makeup Colors and Making Them Work Challenge" created by Mariah Leonard I decided instead of changing up how I arranged my single eyeshadows in my palette I would just pick three from each side and then make them work. Since one side is more of the neutral colors and the other is the bold colors. That way it's a little more workable. Next time, I'll probably do something different.
- Luxie Beauty Basic Eye Brush Collection
- Colourpop Pressed Eyeshadow in Running Late
- NYX Hot Single Shadow in Blame it on Midnight
- NYX Prismatic Shadow inBlue Jeans
- NYX Hot Single Shadow in Harlequin
- NYX Hot Single Shadow in Stiletto
- ColourPop Pressed Eyeshadow in Piece of Cake
- Urban Decay Anti-Aging Eyeshadow Primer
- Wet N Wild Photofocus Concealer
- NYX Strobe of Light Palette - Lavender shade in the palette
- Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick in Deceased
I'm not sure how I feel about the Luxie Eyeshadow brushes to be quite honest. The packing brush worked really good but the blending brushes just took all the product away. Which I've never had happen before with my e.l.f. brushes that I normally use for my eyeshadows. I'm going to keep playing with them to see what the deal with that was. And I probably should have wet the brush for Blue Jeans so it popped more on the center of my eyelid. But overall, I really liked this look. Especially since somehow I got a color combination I probably would've generally gone for if I was going to reach for blue hues. The lips on the other hand I would have reached for my NYX Liquid Suede in Blue Jet, but Deceased from Jeffree Star looked alright with the look too.