Pros and Cons of Blogging Daily
It's been almost a full year since I started blogging daily up until a few weeks ago when I decided to cut it back to just weekdays. During that time frame, I have learned a lot and there are some definite pros and cons that come with blogging daily. And I do miss having posts go live every day, I just unfortunately don't have time at the moment to do this. Which is why for the time being we have fallen back to weekdays. But that's not the topic of this post, we're talking about the pros and cons of blogging daily. Or having posts go live daily.
Pros of Blogging/Posting Daily
- Discipline: You become really discipline at writing and making sure there is a post every day.
- Inspiration: You learn to find inspiration everywhere because you know you have to get past the emptiness and create something for everyone to read.
Cons of Blogging/Posting Daily
- Loss of idea: I've ran in this a few times when I'm planning out my editorial calendar, I'm done so many blog posts in the past year that sometimes I get stumped on trying to figure out what I'm going to write next.
- Stress: I've found that daily blogging causes stress when I get tied up a lot with work. Then I'm just beyond stressed out looking at my editorial calendar as I'm falling behind from having little to no time in getting caught up.
- Less Traffic: I have found a big difference in traffic since switching to posting less. I actually see that I get more traffic when I post less. My best educated guess is because when I know a blogger posts every day, I don't always click on ones that I missed but the newest one. And then I might adventure to a few of the other ones. So posting more actual has the opposite effect that you want. I'm even debating on going down to three to four posts a week starting in 2017, but I haven't fully committed to that just yet.
What do you think about posting daily? Do you find it helpful or find it better to spread posts out? Let me know what you think.