This post may contain affiliate or referral codes, for which I receive a small compensation and you get a discount in exchange. These help support the blog, so I can keep creating content.
October and my favorite holiday are over. A lot happened in October for me. A good portion of that was stressful. From my dad being put into assisted living and his power of attorney trying to guilt-trip my sister and me to talk to him for the first time in eight years (not going to happen), to listening to our old neighbors complain about squatters that moved into his foreclosed home, to almost losing my job… it’s been a bit much. Not that there weren’t other elements that I loved from this past month. I’ve had a blast being creative, read some great books, and enjoyed playing new games that I saw pieces of before. So, I thought I would reflect on the elements I loved from the last month as well as go over my goals from last month as well as the ones I have for this month.
Revisiting October 2021 Goals
- Read six physical books from my bookcase. I read 6 physical books.
- Read three books on Kindle Unlimited. I read 15 books on Kindle Unlimited.
- Stream five times a week. I did not get to stream five times a week. Life didn’t work out that way.
- Work on my novel and get to 15K words. I ended up reaching this goal, but switched to working out plot and worldbuilding before continue working further.
- Post at least once a week to my art Instagram. I did not have the creative juices for this as well as Instagram looks.
- Body paint at least twice a week. For the most part, I was able to do this. Some weeks I only did one, while others I did more.
- Finish at least two video games. This did happen but it wasn’t the two games I originally planned on finishing. Those being Alice: Madness Returns and The Dark Pictures: House of Ashes.
What I Read in October
Books with a ♥ next to it are ones I read on Kindle Unlimited with the exception of The Fair Isle Trilogy and Gideon the Ninth as I read those both physically and on Kindle Unlimited. I marked them as a Kindle Unlimited book since it’s available there, but I have the physical copy as well in case you wanted to read it on through there.
- The Fair Isle Trilogy by Tessonja Odette – 3.75 out of 5 stars. ♥
- Bad Guy by Ruby Dixon – 3 out of 5 stars. ♥
- Curse of the Wolf King (Entangled with Fae) by Tessonja Odette – 3.75 out of 5 stars. ♥
- To Rule a Fae Throne by Tessonja Odette (A Fair Isle Short Story) – 3 out of 5 stars. ♥
- Heart of the Raven Prince (Entangled with Fae) by Tessonja Odette – 3.75 out of 5 stars. ♥
- Kingdom of the Wicked (Kingdom of the Wicked, Book 1) by Kerri Maniscalco – 3.5 out of 5 stars.
- Kingdom of the Cursed (Kingdom of the Wicked, Book 2) by Kerri Maniscalco – 3.5 out of 5 stars.
- Worse Guy by Ruby Dixon – 3 out of 5 stars. ♥
- Wild Moon (A Rejected Mate Romance, Book 1) by C.R. Jane & Mila Young – 3.25 out of 5 stars. ♥
- Wild Heart (A Rejected Mate Romance, Book 2) by C.R. Jane & Mila Young – 3.25 out of 5 stars. ♥
- Wild Girl (A Rejected Mate Romance, Book 3) by C.R. Jane & Mila Young – 3 out of 5 stars. ♥
- Demon King (Claimed by Lucifer, Book 1) by Elizabeth Briggs – 3.25 out of 5 stars. ♥
- Devilish Mate (Claimed by Lucifer, Book 2) by Elizabeth Briggs – 3 out of 5 stars. ♥
- A Shadow in the Ember (Flesh and Fire, Book 1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout – 4.5 out of 5 stars.
- Infernal God (Claimed by Lucifer, Book 3) by Elizabeth Briggs – 3 out of 5 stars. ♥
- Kings of Chaos (Dirty Broken Savages, Book 1) by Eva Ashwood – 3 out of 5 stars. ♥
- Queen of Anarchy (Dirty Broken Savages, Book 2) by Eva Ashwood – 3 out of 5 stars. ♥
- City of Thorns (The Demon Queen Trials, Book 1) by C.N. Crawford – 3.5 out of 5 stars. ♥
- White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements, Book 1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout – 4 out of 5 stars.
- Stone Cold Touch (The Dark Elements, Book 2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout – 4 out of 5 stars.
Favorite Makeup Looks from October
I thought I would add this as a section since I was doing body paints specifically for Halloween. There were some that were standouts from the others, so I thought I would share them here. I might do this, in general, going forward. I like looking back on what I accomplished in the month more than just highlighting the goals.
November 2021 Goals
- Stream 3 times a week. Planning on playing Plague Tale: Innocence, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, and Pokemon Brilliant Diamond during the course of this next month. We’ll see how far we get in each of those games, not going to set a goal of finishing them in case something comes up.
- Cut back eating out to only once a week, this includes fast food. I need to cut back on this as I often find myself going out to get food at some point during the day versus making something at home. Though I’ve gotten a lot better.
- Read at least 10 books (physical or digital). I know for sure I’m going to be reading Star Cursed (Zodiac Wolves, Book 2) by Elizabeth Briggs and Our Violent Ends by Chloe Gong. Both of these are sequels to books I’ve read and enjoyed, that I pre-ordered that come out this month. I’m also going to read King of Battle and Blood by Scarlett St. Clair but that releases on the last day of the month, I do have it pre-ordered but if it comes late, it will be read in December. So, we’ll see what books I end up reading this month.
- Body paint at least once a week. Most likely will do these on Saturdays while I’m streaming.
Join the Howl of the Pack today by subscribing! To stay updated on everything I’m doing, follow me on Twitter as that’s where I post quick updates. Or join our Discord server. Also, if you like this post, let me know in the comment section, it really helps me figure out what content you guys appreciate. Don’t be shy I would love to hear from you!